PDA

View Full Version : Toyota Yaris 1KR

ascotauto
8th November, 2011, 12:07 PM
Hi Gents/ Ladies

I need once again a nudge in the right direction. I have a yaris with no start. Customer says engine packed up but no start afterward. He replaced engine and old one in boot he he. Now when i scan for faults no faults. I do not know whether this is a immo problem and would like to know if i should do the crap job of removing immobox behind dash. Another thing is here is no security light or led to indicate if led is out when key is inserted. I did try orange toyota keymaker to reprogram keys but after long beep i remove dongle and do learning /initialise process but no start. There is only injection pulse no spark . Is this immo related? Do i need to post dump of immobox? Lastly when i bridge pin 4 and 13 only my abs and airbag light flashes no the engine light . Thanks in advance to all who contribute to this thread and i hope i can be assisted .

dilick
8th November, 2011, 02:20 PM
on toyota car starter relay never can be denied by
immo sys.
you need to check the relay and ... other wirings.

ascotauto
8th November, 2011, 02:31 PM
its not starter motor that does not work the starter and engine turn over it is the spark i am concerned about . There is no spark on this car

ascotauto
9th November, 2011, 11:30 AM
Ok gents after a scope and a consultation with a mechanic its been decided that the imported motor in this car which was fitted is not the same like the one required so thanks to those who took the effort to reply and make enquiries i appreciate it. Case closed crank pulley for those who encounter this problem sometime it will have injection but no spark.

Meat-Head
13th November, 2011, 11:45 PM
POST CLOCKING & GENUINE INTREST:-

If the bloke changed the engine - did the replacement engine no come with pulley?

Or was it the crank sensor rathrer than pulley?

Thansk