PDA

View Full Version : HELP play ps2 games on ps3 how???

sj5301397
1st January, 2009, 06:02 PM
how can i play ps2 games on a ps3 80gb

C64
1st January, 2009, 06:04 PM
If it has only 2 USB ports then it is the brand new revision of PS3 and it does not support PS2 games.

shady77
1st January, 2009, 06:06 PM
get an original 80gb ps3 (the 1 with the card reader)
i think i am correct in saying yours will only play ps1 games

C64
1st January, 2009, 06:08 PM
I want to know what Sony are playing at.

They aren't producing a single PS3 that is backward compatible now, all PS3's manufactured from August 2008 for all regions don't support the PS2 now.

shady77
1st January, 2009, 06:10 PM
because they're still producing ps2 units. u have to buy them to play ps2.
personally i think they know they're flogging a dead horse with ps3

C64
1st January, 2009, 06:28 PM
because they're still producing ps2 units. u have to buy them to play ps2.
personally i think they know they're flogging a dead horse with ps3

You and I know it and Sony know it aswell.

Sony were well warned before they committed to the PS3 that it would cause massive headaches, but in their ignorance they decided to push ahead with it and now it's crippling them.

Could Sony be the next SEGA?

shady77
1st January, 2009, 06:34 PM
i read somewhere that by shoehorning all that technology into the ps3, that sony were actually losing money on each unit and thats why the games are still so expensive.
pig headedness by sony and movie companies jumping the gun on bluray are the only reason ps3 is still around now imho.
with hd films downloadable now for free a hard drive media player/recorder is all you need for movie watching. and xbox outputs 1080i using dvd media ffs! there is no need for a sony console and i believe you are right about sony becoming a publisher like sega.

sj5301397
7th January, 2009, 07:05 PM
my ps3 does not have a card slot

sj5301397
26th April, 2009, 09:56 PM
thanks guys for the advice

freeride202
13th June, 2009, 07:07 AM
That sucks. I'm glad I have an early one.

popperton
15th July, 2009, 02:17 PM
will the old ones be worth more to re-sell?

I have an old one and dont use it for ps2 games. Its far louder than the newer ones and I would quite happily flog it if i thought i could get a new one.

JasonTopHat
15th August, 2009, 11:05 PM
I have heard that PSN is to have a store that will sell old PS2 games that have been altered to run on the newer PS3's.

I don't think they will make an emulation program available for PS3's but (IMO) it does have the processing power to be able to do this.

Raven
16th August, 2009, 02:56 PM
Personally I agree with what Sony are doing....people tend to get sidetracked on stuff like this, look bottom line is that this is the Playstation 3....it's meant for Playstation 3 games.....not PS2 stuff, why would you want to play old games on a new console ? But while we are on the subject, bottom line Sony are still selling and supporting PS2, that being the case why should they tie 1 arm behind their backs ?

Also if they do put PS2 games on the PS Store it does kind of kill 2 birds with 1 stone, even though people would be required to pay for the games, but it's more money to them and people get their backwards compatibility - but new consoles are for new games....it's like if you want to play PS2 games or Xbox games then buy a PS2 or an Xbox and play them flawlessly - but then Microsoft killed the Xbox as soon as 360 hit and didn't follow through on their promise of full backwards compatibility - or have people conveniently forgotten this ? It's only Nintendo that have done backwards compatibility correctly anyhow but then again the Wii is basically a Gamecube as it is.

I also think that this will be Sony's big announcement at E3 next year will be PS2 games on the PS Store.....I'm calling it now lol.

One thing I do not agree with however, is the fact that PS Store Japan and USA have alot more content than the European PS Store - it should be the same content for everybody, regardless of region.