i need to retreive my line first so haw do i do the that

Sirus
12th November, 2011, 01:26 AM
my open box will not load up it was working fine now not
i no haw to do the dreambox on sat side is it the same

It is the same process as dreambox

what will i need to reflash my box
i need to retreive my line first so haw do i do the that

Use a null modem cable to reflash, or whatever you used for your dreambox flashing.

I'm no networking expert but cant you just reflash and then get the line again from your provider, then just put it into the box again?..... also if your box wont boot then chances are the image may be corrupted, so the networking on it wont work properly anyhow... I don't think so anyhow, as far as getting into the previous setup on it.

djax666
25th February, 2012, 11:35 PM
My box just froze up tonight iv been told it needs re-flashing but I cant find the file's can anyone help....Pleeeease:beer:

tttf
27th February, 2012, 10:03 PM
will this work to reflash the box

USB A Male to RS232 Female DB 9 Pin Serial COM Cable Lead | eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USB-Male-RS232-Female-DB-9-Pin-Serial-Cable-Lead-/200708813365?pt=UK_Computing_CablesConnectors_RL&hash=item2ebb2d7235)

Shady
27th February, 2012, 10:05 PM
50/50.. Them usb jobbies are nowhere near as good as a proper null modem cable..

scarface1980
30th March, 2012, 02:13 PM
hi guys need some info back in the day i had a strarview 5 we all know what it was used for lol any way is there a latest box out there i keep seeing a little chitter chatter about open box and dream box would like to purches 1 of these please help

egibbons
2nd April, 2012, 10:52 AM
Hi all
Its a common fault boot failure, my supplier replaced it without quibble hope yours does to.
Good luck