PDA

View Full Version : Sat tuner for Itgate TGC210

saz
10th November, 2011, 02:10 AM
Hello Everyone

I have Itgate TGC210.
Does anyone know Can I put sat tuner in it?and is there a step by step guide some where ?

Thanks in advance

Millzzy
10th November, 2011, 07:19 AM
Best way to tell mate is unscrew 3 screws on back of itgate ( you'll see the ones that hold lid on ) remove lid and see if tuner pulls out if it does fitting a sat tuner is as simple as taking out ;-)

saz
10th November, 2011, 02:02 PM
Best way to tell is unscrew 3 screws on back of itgate ( you'll see the ones that hold lid on ) remove lid and see if tuner pulls out if it does fitting a sat tuner is as simple as taking out ;-)

Thanks Millzzy I ll try that today..

saz
10th November, 2011, 03:32 PM
Hi I ve manage to unscrew tuner from my tgc210 but i m not sure which is tuner bit is it whole green colour motherboard with all the input/output ports called tuner or is it just silver rectangle bit with in and out?coz I cant detach silver bit from green mother board.please feel free to look attached imagehttp://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=24llbar&s=5
and n give me some expert advice
thanks

shamusbhoy
10th November, 2011, 07:08 PM
It's the whole thing you can see it here Itgate TGM-220 (http://todoelectronica.com/tuner-satelite-para-itgate-tgm220-p-5437.html)

plasterer
11th November, 2011, 07:50 AM
As above mate just unscrew the Holding screws and
Pull out wot you see in the pic
If you got Sat one to go back in
Its almost the same thing coming out as wots going back in
Lets know .................Paul

bugsy
11th November, 2011, 01:56 PM
The tgc210 doesn't have the option to swap the tuners,
as the tuner is soldered onto the mother board you would have to replace the lot for sat, probablly cheaper to buy a tgs 200 or tgm220
Cheers,
bugsy.

andiewill
11th November, 2011, 04:08 PM
The tgc210 doesn't have the option to swap the tuners,
as the tuner is soldered onto the mother board you would have to replace the lot for sat, probablly cheaper to buy a tgs 200 or tgm220
Cheers,
bugsy.

Yes you are correct in terms of the first and later modles of the 210, just after the first batch of the earlier modles the next batch came with swapable tuners which no one new why ? at the time who would of thought they would be swapping tuners around ..... not me for one but anyway it was a bargin for people who got one for no extra cost.

saz
11th November, 2011, 05:17 PM
Yes you are correct in terms of the first and later modles of the 210, just after the first batch of the earlier modles the next batch came with swapable tuners which no one new why ? at the time who would of thought they would be swapping tuners around ..... not me for one but anyway it was a bargin for people who got one for no extra cost.

Hi
I ve managed to unscrew whole green motherboard which has in/out ports and taken it out . Does it mean that i can fit sat tuner in it? can I consider my self one of the lucky one whose got the swappable tuner?

Thanks

shamusbhoy
11th November, 2011, 08:34 PM
The tuner card measures about 100mm x 50mm you unplug it from the box mainboard just the same as a pci card from a pci bus on a pc motherboard.These are the ones that are swappable the other tuners are actually soldered on to the box mainboard and are not swappable.

Millzzy
11th November, 2011, 09:13 PM
Hi saz sounds like u have took the whole board out , when u have lid off can u pull the in/out part away from the big green board , or have u had to unplug wires etc to get to where u are now ?

saz
12th November, 2011, 02:15 AM
Hi saz sounds like u have took the whole board out , when u have lid off can u pull the in/out part away from the big green board , or have u had to unplug wires etc to get to where u are now ?

Hi Mllzzy
No I couldn't pull the in/out part from the green board.and I had to unplug few wires as well.
It looks like I don't have a swappable tuner.Ahhhh...
I thought I give it a go if I could use up my old box but no I cant.I have to look for another alternative.
but any way thank u all for yr help U guys are great..
you are doing great job to help novice like me..

Thank you very much..

shamusbhoy
12th November, 2011, 08:23 AM
Ah crossed wires here when you mentioned the green board I thought you meant the one attached to the tuner hence the picture of it.Did'nt think you meant the whole board inside the box lol, unlucky bud.