PDA

View Full Version : The Box - NTL Manchester

yemkem
2nd January, 2009, 12:15 AM
The Girlfriend have The Box ver 4.51e_E Boot Ver 7.0. She told me that when she bought the equipment 12 months ago, The guy she bought it from gave her the following info to set it up:
From the Remote Control Press MENU - FACTORY SETTING - 0000 - ENGLISH - INSTALLATION - AUTOMATIC SEARCH. Allow it to search the channels then press EXIT. At main MENU enter 1570 then turn EMU to ON.
After doing these everything works fine. Just before Christmas the channels disappear. I've tried the same sequence since but I reckon the code must have changed that is why she's still without those channels any help will be greatly appreciated and would make me dearer to her.
N.B: Is there a better way to do this upgrade?
:champions:

mini
2nd January, 2009, 12:25 AM
!st your posting in wrong section, you need to be in the Starview forum. 2nd you will need to download the update for the box. You can fine all answers on how to update and where to find fix if you do a search or look at the starview forum>>>Starview - Digital Kaos (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f83/)

hope this helps m8. click the blue writing above

Devilfish
2nd January, 2009, 12:34 AM
Moved > Starview

ramjet
2nd January, 2009, 09:27 AM
upgrade the receiver to the latest 4.57e firmware using a null modem cable , then factory reset it from the menu , then rescan the channels in and set the emu to on

yemkem
4th January, 2009, 06:44 PM
Thanks for that I shall give it a go once I get my hand on a null modem with appropriate connector as my laptop only have a female RS232 look a like and the cable I have is female 9-D at both ends.

khenryashley
4th January, 2009, 07:25 PM
You can buy a USB adaptor for one end of your cable. Just type in google USB to Rs232 serial cable
You can buy them from places like Amazon. You can also get them from Maplins

yemkem
5th January, 2009, 01:48 AM
Thanks for the tip Khenryashley. I shall visit Maplin in the morning on my way to the Day Job. Cheers!
:manutop: