PDA

View Full Version : How to restore to original root an Galaxy S2

SadCriss
11th November, 2011, 04:44 PM
Hello,
I hawe buy a Galaxy S2 yesterday and I would like to restore it to original software.
Before it was root to clokword or something like these.
And i Would like torestore all back to original.
Can any one eplayn to me how to do it or advise me how or what to do please?
I am realy beginer and not know to much about these.

happy_highlander
11th November, 2011, 07:35 PM
Hello,
I hawe buy a Galaxy S2 yesterday and I would like to restore it to original software.
Before it was root to clokword or something like these.
And i Would like torestore all back to original.
Can any one eplayn to me how to do it or advise me how or what to do please?
I am realy beginer and not know to much about these.

If you really are a beginner and know nothing then I suggest you read as much info as you can about manual flashing using odin 3, then when you understand the processes and what each of the files do then come back and I will help you. It is the only way to do it but is not for the faint hearted. One mistake and the phone is bricked.

SadCriss
12th November, 2011, 12:52 PM
If you really are a beginner and know nothing then I suggest you read as much info as you can about manual flashing using odin 3, then when you understand the processes and what each of the files do then come back and I will help you. It is the only way to do it but is not for the faint hearted. One mistake and the phone is bricked.

Hello,
I hawe read some many post and I hawe dowland ODIN V1.85 too. and far as I understand whit odin I change firmware and after that need to change the root. Bu I whil need 4 difrent files like I hawe seen a movie on youtube. But I dont know where to ghet them.
Please help me.

Best Regards
Criss

happy_highlander
12th November, 2011, 02:37 PM
Hello,
I hawe read some many post and I hawe dowland ODIN V1.85 too. and far as I understand whit odin I change firmware and after that need to change the root. Bu I whil need 4 difrent files like I hawe seen a movie on youtube. But I dont know where to ghet them.
Please help me.

Best Regards
Criss

If you now feel comfortable with the process make sure that when you are doing the flash process that you do not run out of electricity or do anything else that will interupt the process you will find all the original firmware here Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II (http://www.sammobile.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54) but you will need to register to download them..Registration is free but I don't understand why you want to go back to stock from root. The choice is of course yours.

SadCriss
12th November, 2011, 05:14 PM
If you now feel comfortable with the process make sure that when you are doing the flash process that you do not run out of electricity or do anything else that will interupt the process you will find all the original firmware here Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II (http://www.sammobile.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54) but you will need to register to download them..Registration is free but I don't understand why you want to go back to stock from root. The choice is of course yours.

Hello
Problem is that the batery is dry out in 6 hours and the phone i not use it yet for cals. only for email check some skype and yahoo mess.
After i put to original state and se if batery problem is resolved or need to buy new one i whil make a new custom root and all from a tested source.
Probably some one from here whil advice me. Or maybe you know some trusted source to help me.

happy_highlander
12th November, 2011, 08:06 PM
Hello
Problem is that the batery is dry out in 6 hours and the phone i not use it yet for cals. only for email check some skype and yahoo mess.
After i put to original state and se if batery problem is resolved or need to buy new one i whil make a new custom root and all from a tested source.
Probably some one from here whil advice me. Or maybe you know some trusted source to help me.

What do you have set up on the phone. Go into settings, about phone and let me know what the parts at the bottom say. I.e. baseband ,kernel, what firmware it is running. Then go into the part that says what's been using your battery in the about phone section. I need to know what % the android os is using.

SadCriss
14th November, 2011, 04:19 PM
What do you have set up on the phone. Go into settings, about phone and let me know what the parts at the bottom say. I.e. baseband ,kernel, what firmware it is running. Then go into the part that says what's been using your battery in the about phone section. I need to know what % the android os is using.

I hawe take picture from it.
I hope is ok like these and ghet the information you need.

happy_highlander
14th November, 2011, 10:39 PM
I hawe take picture from it.
I hope is ok like these and ghet the information you need.

You are running a rom from a relatively new developer who is having quite a few problems. He had released 9 versions of this rom in the last few months with varying degrees of success. Your biggest problem is that something is keeping the phone awake hence the high android system. My wifes s2 is stock and is around 10% my s is rooted with darky custom rom with titanium backup freezing the known system apps that cause the gingerbread battery drain and have known leaks thus draining battery very quickly and my android system runs at an average of 5%. Since your phone is already rooted why don't you pay a visit to www.darkyrom.com have a good read. In my opinion these are the most stable and smooth and not to forget fast custom rom developers in the business. You will find plenty info and suitable roms, the tutorials are usually very good as well.

happy_highlander
14th November, 2011, 10:56 PM
Here you go mate [ROM][CWM][ODEXED][SGS2] DarkyROM2 XXKG2 Odexed Base R3 | DarkyROM (http://www.darkyrom.com/community/index.php?threads/rom-cwm-odexed-sgs2-darkyrom2-xxkg2-odexed-base-r3.4262/) if you find that darky may suit your needs there is no need to go hunting for the most stable rom available

SadCriss
17th November, 2011, 01:31 PM
Here you go mate [ROM][CWM][ODEXED][SGS2] DarkyROM2 XXKG2 Odexed Base R3 | DarkyROM (http://www.darkyrom.com/community/index.php?threads/rom-cwm-odexed-sgs2-darkyrom2-xxkg2-odexed-base-r3.4262/) if you find that darky may suit your needs there is no need to go hunting for the most stable rom available

Hello,
So you mean I van use the firmware I hawe and only change rom?

happy_highlander
17th November, 2011, 06:00 PM
Hello,
So you mean I van use the firmware I hawe and only change rom?

Yes follow the instructions for installing the custom rom if you are already rooted. But read everything carefully you have only yourself to blame if anything goes wrong.

SadCriss
17th November, 2011, 07:14 PM
Yes follow the instructions for installing the custom rom if you are already rooted. But read everything carefully you have only yourself to blame if anything goes wrong.

Hello!!!

I just made it. all look ok for now. I hawe succes. I am realy happy now.
Now I whil go up on market and get all the nice things for it.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

happy_highlander

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

happy_highlander
17th November, 2011, 08:06 PM
You are very welcome mate, have fun with darky. The first thing you need is titanium backup. What it does is backs up all your apps and personal data,,, contacts, photos that kind of stuff, then when you fancy putting a new rom on you click batch backup then install your new rom. After you have new rom you will find titanium is still in your files just load it back up and hit restore all apps and data. Job done all your personal settings are back to the way they were in the old rom...it takes less than 2 mins. Just restart your phone to restore all settings.

happy_highlander
17th November, 2011, 08:10 PM
Do you know how to reset your battery stats to ensure you are getting the full use of your battery as installing a custom rom can sometimes play havoc with it only giving you a portion of your battery but indicating that it's full.

SadCriss
17th November, 2011, 08:29 PM
Do you know how to reset your battery stats to ensure you are getting the full use of your battery as installing a custom rom can sometimes play havoc with it only giving you a portion of your battery but indicating that it's full.

Thank You

I dont know realy how to do the batery reset.
But now another problem apear... :(
Can you help me fix it please.
I hawe try to instal the nice apps from the other threat found here and.... these is mesage i always get. i hawe try instal 3 timese the app but same hapens. uninstal and reinstal but same.

happy_highlander
17th November, 2011, 09:53 PM
Where did you find the root explorer app. Are you remembering to allow it super user privileges. Is it just root explorer that force closes our does every other app that requires root access force close as well. That is a very old version of root explorer. I will explain battery stats reset in another post, once you have this sorted. One step at a time that way you won't get lost and if the same thing happens again you will remember what to do.

SadCriss
18th November, 2011, 10:08 AM
Where did you find the root explorer app. Are you remembering to allow it super user privileges. Is it just root explorer that force closes our does every other app that requires root access force close as well. That is a very old version of root explorer. I will explain battery stats reset in another post, once you have this sorted. One step at a time that way you won't get lost and if the same thing happens again you will remember what to do.

I hawe find these in the software pakage from MoneyBoy what he posted here on DK in Android section.
Same hapens whit root manager 1.9.5 and root explorer 2.10.1 found in the software pakage colection.
Only root manager opens and after I select the directory what I like to enter give force close message.
The super user I give alow for the aplication when first time start.

happy_highlander
18th November, 2011, 02:38 PM
It may be that they are old versions. I will pm you a link to some working root software when I get home from work unless I figure out how to upload from my phone. Them I will send it sooner

SadCriss
23rd November, 2011, 11:53 AM
Thank You!!!!
All Look ok now...

I hawe been working these days and not hawe many time to reply

happy_highlander
23rd November, 2011, 12:25 PM
Thank You!!!!
All Look ok now...

I hawe been working these days and not hawe many time to reply

Glad to near it mate and happy to help

SadCriss
23rd November, 2011, 04:04 PM
Glad to near it mate and happy to help

You are a nice man friend thank you 1000 times.
Whit out your help I would be lost... long time ago.

Best Regards