PDA

View Full Version : boiler

tab99_uk
12th November, 2011, 04:02 AM
my ideal isar boiler keeps breaking down never had a year free without it breaking down.

anyone recomend a good boiler that wont breakdown as often??

thanks

mast
12th November, 2011, 12:32 PM
Hi

Well kinda depends on budget, but I would say main 24he or 30he depending on house size. They are "B" rated made by Baxi. Pretty reliable, few of the family have them installed and no ones had an issue yet and theyve been in at least 5 years.

I myself had that in my last property with no problems moved into current property with ideal isar boiler and yes broke down in 1st 3 months of us being here.

Of course there are better boilers around Worcester, Valliant etc but cost a lot more.

chucklor
12th November, 2011, 01:28 PM
I recently fetched a Woscester greenstar 3.0Si condensing combi off a guy selling them on fleabay for ?850 including the flue, spoke to a few plumbers who recommend these, it also comes with a 5 year guarantee and is seebuk "A" rated, but it is like mast says, depends on your budget...chuck

super jumbe
12th November, 2011, 06:47 PM
?? Which are the best boilers?

? Baxi Duo-tec Combi 28 HE (gas combi)

Vaillaint and Worcester may be the two of the most reliable brands, but that didn't stop Baxi pipping them to title of top combi model overall.

Read this?????
Government has just launched a new scrappage scheme , whereby trading in an old ? but working ? G-rated boiler can earn you a ?400 discount on a new ultra-efficient A-rated model.

:listen:

griff
12th November, 2011, 06:55 PM
The isar was a rubbish boiler but believe it or not they have upped there game big time at the mo with the ideal logic + boiler they have changed everything inside and I fitted a few and put 1 in my house and not touched mine in over 2 yrs. u get a 5 yr warranty with it 2. u would be lucky 2 get a 5 yr warranty with Worcester unless fitted by someone on there accredited scheme. If u want a price 2 supply u any boiler private message me

griff
12th November, 2011, 06:56 PM
I think the boiler scrap age scheme has finished mate unless they have started another one. The last one only done 150,000 houses

super jumbe
12th November, 2011, 07:50 PM
What?s all this about 5 years? guarantee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All boilers are 2 years company warranty.

5 Year Warranty is included only when fitted by the company you buy from.

You can also have an extra 2 years extended warranty totalling 7years.

Would some 1 link me to a company giving 5 years warranty on cash and carry?

lol

jcgrumbles
12th November, 2011, 08:53 PM
baxi duo tec for me,no probs and cheap spares if needed

griff
12th November, 2011, 10:19 PM
Super jumbe most boiler company's are doing 5yr now check out the ideal logic + ! It has to be the plus tho not the normal one. Worcester is 2 yrs unless fitted by one of there approved installers and just fitted a ferolli which had a 5yr warranty. Glow-worm do a 5yr warranty to.

super jumbe
13th November, 2011, 01:25 AM
In reality there is a catch??.

You buy a Worcester combi for ?875.00 cash and carry with 2 years warranty.

You buy a Worcester combi fitted with the company for ?1879.00 with 5 years warranty.

If you also read the small print it says your boiler should be serviced regularly by the company charging you over ?69.00 a visit.

Do you see the deferent; you are paying ?1000 more for a boiler + service cost.

It may be cheaper to insure your old boiler at only ?13.00 a month and get new 1 fitted for nothing when they can not repair it, and save ???????????????

:bounce:

tab99_uk
13th November, 2011, 02:38 AM
thank you guys for some very good advice my max budget is a 1k i have a gas safe fitter who will fit it it for me for a reasonable price only downside is like Griffy said is the warranty will reduce to 2years if my fitter installs it.

tab99_uk
13th November, 2011, 04:19 AM
The isar was a rubbish boiler but believe it or not they have upped there game big time at the mo with the ideal logic + boiler they have changed everything inside and I fitted a few and put 1 in my house and not touched mine in over 2 yrs. u get a 5 yr warranty with it 2. u would be lucky 2 get a 5 yr warranty with Worcester unless fitted by someone on there accredited scheme. If u want a price 2 supply u any boiler private message me

pm sent m8

griff
13th November, 2011, 10:53 AM
Tabb honestly get a ideal logic + it comes out of the box with a 5 yr warrenty doesn't matter who fits it. The only thing with any warrenty is it needs servicing every yr to keep the warrenty but the same fitter can service it and just fill in the service book at the back. They will be cheaper then the Worcester as well. If u do get a Worcester they need to be on the accredited Worcester scheme which any fitter can apply for and get on just check Worcesters web site it will show u who is around ur area and get prices and some even give u a 7 yr ? Worcester can be a bit funny with there warrenty so make sure ur system is clean and he fits a shock arrester on the cold main.

griff
13th November, 2011, 11:07 AM
Every boiler needs to be serviced once a yr anyway but who ever is charging u ?69 a month must be British gas or another big company. U should be looking to pay about ?50 for just the boiler

griff
13th November, 2011, 11:38 AM
Yr not month sorry

super jumbe
13th November, 2011, 01:56 PM
OK what they do on service????

Change engine oil and filter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was once insured with ega and when an engineer used to come for service he never even open the cover to check if the burners are working good.

In fact they do nothing beside checking if the water level is over 1.00 on the clock.

:listen:

ortegamdx
13th November, 2011, 05:39 PM
ok....................

griff
13th November, 2011, 06:11 PM
If ur boiler is not condensing they should have taken the burner out and cleaned it then taken a burner pressure and gas rate item it is condensing the just take a flue gas reading

griff
13th November, 2011, 06:12 PM
If u get the car serviced why would u not service the boiler ?? u would do it for the same reason

super jumbe
13th November, 2011, 07:20 PM
Originally Posted by griff
If u get the car serviced why would u not service the boiler ?? u would do it for the same reason

Read page #16

:giveup:

tab99_uk
19th November, 2011, 06:16 PM
just been quoted 3k by britsh gas for a worcester greenstar 24i junior which cost about 800.00 online.

anyone have anyone got one of these boiler what do you think guys is it a good boiler i wont be buying it from britsh gas cost to much.

cgscott
19th November, 2011, 06:33 PM
Buy it yourself and get someone to fit it.

Boilers, Condensing Boilers, Combi Boiler, Gas Boiler, Boiler Supplies (http://www.plumbnation.co.uk/site/boilers/?manufacturer=worcester)

Work out under ?1500 anyway

DW190
19th November, 2011, 10:10 PM
I had an Ideal Logic + fitted back in May. Five year warranty.

Bought online and got a guy to fit. Fitter had not seen one before but said it was the easiest he had ever fitted and that the workings were easily accessable. Not cheap but it has the house roasting in five minutes.