PDA

View Full Version : Lets talk about Ferrari Keys

gtmech
12th November, 2011, 07:38 AM
Any of you guys had much to do with Ferrari transponder Keys? It seems Ferraris didnt use Transponders in there keys until around about 2001 or later so there a bit behind the times in that aspect I guess but they used remotes in these early cars so that was a good enough immobiliser system for them aswell i guess.
So what you guys used to program these late model Ferrari transponder keys? Im guessing the Ferrari SD2 Tool (I think its called) would do the trick well, but not an easy tool to find, anyone got it? Had a few requests for these Ferrari keys lately and love them to death so thought this could be an interesting topic. Feel free to share all and any info please. Im guessing theres not gonna be alot of feedback on this but I figured ill give it a try anyway and see what happens:proud:

Fallen
12th November, 2011, 01:36 PM
You get to play with all the good stuff mech!
I get stuck with shitebox commodores and vespa's!

New instacode does not even list any of the new Ferrari models. I'm guessing this will be a VERY short thread mate :)

impactops
12th November, 2011, 03:03 PM
Try the link below if you haven't come across them already

Leonardo (http://www.accinni.com/index.php/en/products)

Regards
Impactops

gtmech
13th November, 2011, 07:50 AM
You get to play with all the good stuff mech!
I get stuck with shitebox commodores and vespa's!

New instacode does not even list any of the new Ferrari models. I'm guessing this will be a VERY short thread mate :)

i had a run on commy's last week to mate, they bore me to death, i dont wanna work on that stuff if i can have a choice, lol. Only ever done a couple of vespa's at the most, your welcome to those, they bore me even more then the commy's.

Old instacode sux for all Ferrari aswell mate, yeh its gonna be a short thread your right:tomato:

Meat-Head
13th November, 2011, 02:07 PM
Not going to argue with you guys, but rumor has it, that the ferarri??? shares the same switch gear as a 'Fiat Stilo' - been made by the Eyeties - as most eytie stuff guess it might even be a Fiat body control module.

Sounds daft, but try emailing the factory - they either tell you to ~~~~ off or ignore you - either of which - send them somethin rude back.

smokey08
13th November, 2011, 10:39 PM
last Ferrari I drove (F430) had a blue fiat flip key

Meat-Head
13th November, 2011, 10:43 PM
last Ferrari I drove (F430) had a blue fiat flip key

POST CLOCKING:-

Was it like all of them 'super cars' noisy, smelly nothing worked, weird faults, unable to see where your going, made lots of noise and you could see the fuel gauge drop?

smokey08
13th November, 2011, 10:58 PM

Was it like all of them 'super cars' noisy, smelly nothing worked, weird faults, unable to see where your going, made lots of noise and you could see the fuel gauge drop?

LMAO this one had not been to in-corection cafe. It belongs to a friend. It is not falling apart yet. Very noisy and very fast. Didnt look at the fuel gauge too busy looking where I was going.

gtmech
13th November, 2011, 11:09 PM
LMAO this one had not been to in-corection cafe. It belongs to a friend. It is not falling apart yet. Very noisy and very fast. Didnt look at the fuel gauge too busy looking where I was going.

That noise you guys speak of is also known as 'Heaven'. Yeh MH your right, the late model Ferraris use the Fiat SIP22K key Blade and BCM is 9S12 chip and ID48 Transponder chip is in the key.

What year is your friends F430 buddy? Ive never seen that key used on a Ferrari before, were you joking?

smokey08
13th November, 2011, 11:25 PM
What year is your friends F430 buddy? Ive never seen that key used on a Ferrari before, were you joking?

Its a 2006 I think. Im not joking I will get a picture on my phone of it next time I see him. Im sure its original key as hes never asked me about any new keys.

Meat-Head
13th November, 2011, 11:34 PM
sure its original key as hes never asked me about any new keys.

Might be worth - for a giggle - call up the ferrari agent - ask how much to
add a new key - get a price - tell them your unable to even think about calling in into untill next week - is it something they keep on the shelf.

Then a week later - say you have lost the key - if you get the car to them - car unlocked - alarm off - is it the same price for new key?

Be intreasting to know what they charge for reference

Oh - just for reference a Mazzarati dealer is just as unhelpfull as a Reno Dealer.

Meat

smokey08
13th November, 2011, 11:46 PM
Oh - just for reference a Mazzarati dealer is just as unhelpfull as a Reno Dealer.

I phoned the maserati dealer the other day and found them quite helpfull. They told me they didnt sell a porsche boxter washer pipe t-piece and gave me the number that I meant to to phone in the first place. And as for the stupid automated please press 4 renault parts line :banghead:

gtmech
14th November, 2011, 04:37 AM

Might be worth - for a giggle - call up the ferrari agent - ask how much to
add a new key - get a price - tell them your unable to even think about calling in into untill next week - is it something they keep on the shelf.

Then a week later - say you have lost the key - if you get the car to them - car unlocked - alarm off - is it the same price for new key?

Be intreasting to know what they charge for reference

Meat

If you have lost the Pin Code it costs $500 for the dealer to ring Italy and get it for you, SHIT!! Thats JUST the pin code, nothing to do with the key yet

ray-ray
14th November, 2011, 06:25 AM
USA models started there transponder in 2005 . There all go but little effort for comfort or room. Most owern don't drive them much as there tune up are pricey, low mileage is a must.

gtmech
14th November, 2011, 07:01 AM
USA models started there transponder in 2005 . There all go but little effort for comfort or room. Most owern don't drive them much as there tune up are pricey, low mileage is a must.

thanks ray-ray. Have you done a transponder key for one of these yet?

Rtronics
15th November, 2011, 12:33 PM
Hey, just a thought, if you have access to these, why dont you just read the eeprom from the immo box, send it to Bogi and see if he can do anything with it.

You never know after a week there might be Ferrari software available to buy on tmpro's site. ha ha ha

gtmech
16th November, 2011, 09:26 AM
if anyone could do it, Bogi would be the guy for sure, and it would work perfectly aswell, as all the TMPro2 modules do

Hey, just a thought, if you have access to these, why dont you just read the eeprom from the immo box, send it to Bogi and see if he can do anything with it.

You never know after a week there might be Ferrari software available to buy on tmpro's site. ha ha ha

mikeslocks
17th November, 2011, 01:49 AM
What year make and model. Most keys are fiats used one once and taped the transponder on and dipped in tool grip. Real key is a couple grand. The 884 with euro soft and transponder that works on some 48's will clone.

gtmech
17th November, 2011, 06:51 AM
What year make and model. Most keys are fiats used one once and taped the transponder on and dipped in tool grip. Real key is a couple grand. The 884 with euro soft and transponder that works on some 48's will clone.

2006 Ferrari 360 is an interesting start, which one did you do

mikeslocks
20th November, 2011, 03:49 AM
California can not be 2 different.

gtmech
20th November, 2011, 09:17 AM
California can not be 2 different.

what do you use for the california?

djorgensen
22nd November, 2011, 09:01 PM
same as Fiat Stilo that is correct

Maserati 4200 the same

i have done keys for the main dealer no issue

little more problem on older ones with red key. ferrari documented solution is to replace all the ecus in the car lol

yusef
22nd November, 2011, 10:34 PM
duplicated a ferrari key few months ago
dont have model year at hand. it was id46 transponder.
used a alfa romeo blade and cloned on tpx3 as fiat using zed bull.
worked fine

gtmech
23rd November, 2011, 02:02 AM
little more problem on older ones with red key. ferrari documented solution is to replace all the ecus in the car lol

How come, there not even transponder so there the easiest of all?

Fallen
23rd November, 2011, 06:20 AM
How come, there not even transponder so there the easiest of all?

I'm guessing its like early crap toyota stuff mate, remote arms and disarms the starting of the car?

gtmech
23rd November, 2011, 08:22 AM
i wouldnt know mate, i leave the crap stuff for you to work on, lol lol lol
But anyway i thought he meant the key, not the remote. Yeh your right though what you say, thats exactly what the remote does on these Ferraris

I'm guessing its like early crap toyota stuff mate, remote arms and disarms the starting of the car?

Fallen
23rd November, 2011, 12:12 PM
i wouldnt know mate, i leave the crap stuff for you to work on, lol lol lol

OUCH!

Think I might take a dump in a cardboard box and send it to a random euro mechanic across the pond in the hope it finds you!

Had a dodgy vindaloo tonight too, which pretty much puts it on par with anthrax.

:)

gtmech
24th November, 2011, 09:06 AM
OUCH!

Think I might take a dump in a cardboard box and send it to a random euro mechanic across the pond in the hope it finds you!

Had a dodgy vindaloo tonight too, which pretty much puts it on par with anthrax.

:)

lol, that was a joke buddy :top: i was kidding

Vindaloo? whats that? no wait, dont answer that question :ahhhhh: