PDA

View Full Version : Newbie confused over recording options

Red322
13th November, 2011, 12:27 AM
Just got my Duo and set it up, but I'm having problems with recording/and or watching other channels. I've searched on here, but need some clarification, please.

I've got a dual lnb fixed dish pointing at Astra, but I've only got one line going in. Can I record two channels at once-or do I need a second line? To record and watch another channel currently, do both need to be on the same transponder? What settings should the tuners be set to?

Sorry for all the questions, hope someone can help.

Cheers

dell_xps
13th November, 2011, 01:25 AM
2 feeds you can record one channel, turn over and watch another channel.
1 feed you can record same channel as your watching, or anything that is greyed out on your tv list menu, has to be on same transponder or you cannot record it.
Run another cable yourself from the lnb to back of the box, anybody can do that m8.
HTH

Red322
13th November, 2011, 08:55 AM
Ah, got it. Two feeds for 2 channels: looks like I will be running another line:) Thanks

kitsuneyo
17th November, 2011, 08:55 PM
So the EPG will tell you what you can record?

I've read that you can record around 5 channels at once, so long as they're on the same transponder. How well does that work in practice?

cactikid
17th November, 2011, 09:14 PM
never got to do that many yet lol,on the vix go to your chosen channel say sky1 then press red button that says single epg as that should bring up that list of programmes,select program with green button then press ok to confirm.
hopefully you updated it after you flashed it?