PDA

View Full Version : mercedes sprinter start error, help needed

eeze
13th November, 2011, 03:45 PM
hello , need some help, got a sprinter 313 cdi with start error on dash and will not start. i have read the ecu with kwp2000 plus and have uploaded the dump . can some one please repair the dump for me so i can reprogram ecu. thanks very much for your help.

MarkPRP
13th November, 2011, 04:20 PM
Hi,

1, KWP cannot and will not read the Eprom on the ecu ( 95p08 ) which is where the "start error" is ..

2, You need to read the 95p08 from the ecu and the hc908 from the wsp and use a program called - MB sprinter start error v1.3 (you will need chip programmer like UPA or Xprog )

3, Use search button to find out how to do it!

Mark

eeze
13th November, 2011, 04:41 PM
Hi,

1, KWP cannot and will not read the Eprom on the ecu ( 95p08 ) which is where the "start error" is ..

2, You need to read the 95p08 from the ecu and the hc908 from the wsp and use a program called - MB sprinter start error v1.3 (you will need chip programmer like UPA or Xprog )

3, Use search button to find out how to do it!

Mark
hello thanks for the info. if kwp2000 can not read that part of the ecu then what exactly has it read.

KILL_THE_IMMO
13th November, 2011, 05:00 PM
it read flash dump

eeze
13th November, 2011, 05:19 PM
it read flash dump
hello and thank you. as you can tell i am new to this eeprom stuff. in the manual for kwp2000 plus it says that the software reads and writes to the eeprom ecu chip . does that mean that the flash dump is also stored in the eeprom ecu chip. i ask this because i used this dump in my ad900 pro to create a temic chip from eeprom dump and the transpronics software said that the job was done succesfully.

KILL_THE_IMMO
13th November, 2011, 05:25 PM
hi friend for the start error in vito and sprinter u should read dump from ecu and immobox to be repeared

eeze
13th November, 2011, 07:32 PM
ok , i have been reading up on this stuff it is very interesting, what tool would you suggest i get for reading immo and ecu . please note that i would prefer a tool that only needs diagnostic socket if such a tool excist's i would not really like to desolder chips and stuff like that. any suggestions greatly appreciated. thank you.

KILL_THE_IMMO
13th November, 2011, 07:54 PM
U MUST DESOLDER MY FRIEND I USE OMEGA PROGRAMMER TO READ IT

MarkPRP
13th November, 2011, 09:07 PM
I answered that question in my post!

Easiest thing to get is Xprog. Simple and reads WSP perfectly!

Where abouts are in you the world ezee?

MACKIE
13th November, 2011, 09:12 PM
You must read Motorola HC08 from Immo and SP08C3 from ECU and post it here....

Regards
Mackie

eeze
13th November, 2011, 09:32 PM
I answered that question in my post!

Easiest thing to get is Xprog. Simple and reads WSP perfectly!

Where abouts are in you the world ezee?
Cyprus . thanks for your help.

knok
14th November, 2011, 07:07 AM
ok , i have been reading up on this stuff it is very interesting, what tool would you suggest i get for reading immo and ecu . please note that i would prefer a tool that only needs diagnostic socket if such a tool excist's i would not really like to desolder chips and stuff like that. any suggestions greatly appreciated. thank you.

our suggestion for you is to leave this job for others which want to work , even if is hard or easy...

Morpheos3
14th November, 2011, 08:30 AM
let the dude try his luck ... if u`re looking to solve this problem via diagnostic socket u can try STAR.

KILL_THE_IMMO
14th November, 2011, 09:44 AM
dont worry my riend u can do it

eeze
6th December, 2011, 02:54 PM
i just want to say thank you to my friends here on DK that had faith in me :party:and especially to Fallen, with his help i managed to read the immo with xprog-m. it read as chip mc68hc08as/60 (8h62a0) the only problem is that it read all zero's does any one have any ideas as to why. i should mention that when i removed the ignition barrel from this car to make a new key the owner left the window slightly open and it rained that night. rain had got into the fuse box and shorted the diagnostic socket fuse. is it possible that an electrical short could have shorted the immo and caused the start error , explaining why the immo reads all zero's. thank's again for your help.

itrade
6th December, 2011, 03:02 PM
Read mc68hc08 flash, and say what you see