PDA

View Full Version : what to do next

lewis65
13th November, 2011, 09:10 PM
Hi,it's my 1st time on so be gentle i am a newbie and my linuxsat has just died of death leaving me and my little boy upset.I had a friend who set it all up for me but sadly no longer around.I am thinking of buying a vu+ box but could be a little bit out of my depth.when i get the vu+ do i only have to put the old lines on[which i cant do] but at least i am half way there can anybody give me any advise on what to do next.Any advise would be grateful.:giveup:

dell_xps
13th November, 2011, 11:50 PM
Read the tutorial m8, any probs from there post up.

lewis65
14th November, 2011, 07:51 AM
cheers m8,how do i get on to them,new to all this,sorry

blakie8
14th November, 2011, 02:23 PM
cheers m8,how do i get on to them,new to all this,sorry

good luck chap, i'm in the same boat and theirs not a lot these guys can do to help you. Forum rules prevent the kind of info you need.
I have just got a Vu+ Duo and i'm baffled, i'm probably gonna end up ebaying it and getting a spiderbox.
My advice is get a Spiderbox if you have a motorised dish ;-)

If not well let me know if someone is nice enough to send you a folder of setup files (one can dream lol)

lewis65
14th November, 2011, 03:03 PM
thanks for getting back, i do have a motorised dish and keep hold of the vu+ i am getting a little bit further with all this,you never know i might be able to shed some light your way.

blakie8
14th November, 2011, 04:44 PM
thanks for getting back, i do have a motorised dish and keep hold of the vu+ i am getting a little bit further with all this,you never know i might be able to shed some light your way.

happy to share progress you & back likewise gimme a pm and we can chat on Msn.
good luck chap:listen: