PDA

View Full Version : Tacho Universal Wont Power Up

OdoFix
14th November, 2011, 07:09 AM
Hi DK,

Can anyone please assist me. My Tacho Universal was working fine, i did a read on m35080 via clip.. it was fine.. then i did change, and i did write... it said writing.. and it froze.

So i did power off and power on.. and now Tacho Universal wont power on.

Does anyone know what can be the cause of this? and how can I repair this.

Thank You
OdoFix

igendek
14th November, 2011, 11:35 AM
Did you check fuse inside?

smartymarti
14th November, 2011, 12:43 PM
Tacho Universal Wont Power Up

Good one less on the circuit

diga1
14th November, 2011, 04:38 PM
thats why you have to have 3 tachos and one always works

OdoFix
19th November, 2011, 06:33 PM
Did you check fuse inside?

Can you tell me where the fuse is?

OdoFix
19th November, 2011, 07:01 PM
ok i checked the board.. and there is a light, the light does come on.. but the screen doesn't show anything... anyone know if this is screen issue? By the way.. the boards inside are red...

milesbetteroff
20th November, 2011, 12:18 AM
Hi mate the problem seems to be in the update chips they seem to get corrupted I don't know why it happens but either replace them for new one already programmed or erase them and reflash them if you have a dump of them if you don't you will find the dumps on here if you search good luck

OdoFix
20th November, 2011, 12:37 AM
Hi mate the problem seems to be in the update chips they seem to get corrupted I don't know why it happens but either replace them for new one already programmed or erase them and reflash them if you have a dump of them if you don't you will find the dumps on here if you search good luck

Thank you for the info, by any chance you have which chips need to be flashed. Any manual or info how to do it will be great.

Thanks

smokey08
20th November, 2011, 12:42 AM
There are 3 that need to be programmed. IC111, IC 112 and a 24c02. The dumps are posted on here somewhere. Search for "tacho universal sync error" and you will find them.

OdoFix
20th November, 2011, 12:56 AM
Ok those dumps I found but my question how can I program it with upa and if yes connection please.

smokey08
20th November, 2011, 01:10 AM
UPA wont program ic101 or ic102, for these you will need a willem programmer or something similar.