PDA

View Full Version : Best Image for Duo

blakie8
14th November, 2011, 04:46 PM
hi all

just got my Duo, complete beginner. I've had it preloaded with Vix but it seems very impractical? Do you guys prefer Blackhole, from the screenshots it just seems to present itselfs in a more simple format :heeeelllllooooo:

neolxs
14th November, 2011, 05:21 PM
Ive tried both Vix and Blackhole, Whilst Vix was very good I found myself getting lots of green screens. The latest blackhole seems far more stable and for that reason I would say Blackhole.

But in all honesty I think its a personal choice as both are very good images. I believe Vix are due to release a new image soon and I will give it ago when they do.

dell_xps
14th November, 2011, 06:30 PM
Vix all the way m8, take you a few hours to get used to it, after that it's a doddle.
HTH

cactikid
14th November, 2011, 06:40 PM
stayed with vix

RuberDuck
14th November, 2011, 07:58 PM
hardly surprising from me but i say vix too as thats what i use on my uno

blakie8
14th November, 2011, 10:02 PM
you guys are well experienced with Linux though, for beginners is it the best?

RuberDuck
14th November, 2011, 11:35 PM
you guys are well experienced with Linux though, for beginners is it the best?

you dont need any linux experience to operate a linux box. and to be honest the ViX image is by far one of, if not the most user friendly image out there.

lincsat
15th November, 2011, 12:11 AM
It's down to personal preference, I used Blackhole on a DM800 and now use Blackhole on my Vu+ Duo - I never got on with Vix

nowuckinfurries
15th November, 2011, 04:02 AM
It's down to personal preference, I used Blackhole on a DM800 and now use Blackhole on my Vu+ Duo - I never got on with Vix

:dito:

I have exactly the same setup and while I liked Vix on the Duo, I prefer Blackhole

av2008
15th November, 2011, 03:22 PM
Ive tried both Vix and Blackhole, Whilst Vix was very good I found myself getting lots of green screens. The latest blackhole seems far more stable and for that reason I would say Blackhole.

But in all honesty I think its a personal choice as both are very good images. I believe Vix are due to release a new image soon and I will give it ago when they do.

Exactly the same for me, I changed to blackhole, three days later not a single green screen (even after trying to get it to green screen by stress testing), really good. I also agree VIX did have a nice user interface and had some extra features that I liked such as the nice white Skin and extra epg options however for now im sticking with BH.