PDA

View Full Version : Freesat with with compro

Bann32
18th November, 2011, 06:47 PM
So after a month of waiting. My compro card arrives and I get nothing.

Now this could be because the satellite dish has been on the side of the house for hours or because my coax is a little short and whilst I have spare coax thats all I have.

What would be the best way (connections of extending this), which fittings do I need to add an extension to my wire and whats the cheapest (yet effective), signal tester.

cactikid
18th November, 2011, 10:46 PM
if you need to add 2 f connectors together there is a joiner that has threads at both ends and male that adds two cables together.
they are called F joiners.

mdt
19th November, 2011, 03:57 PM
in a ideal world you should replace your cable with a longer 1 piece run but as you want the cheapest way then you need a barrel connector (couple of quid off e***)to join your 2 cables and if the join is outside make sure you waterproof it with amalgamating tape. regards mdt

Bann32
21st November, 2011, 01:02 AM
in a ideal world you should replace your cable with a longer 1 piece run but as you want the cheapest way then you need a barrel connector (couple of quid off e***)to join your 2 cables and if the join is outside make sure you waterproof it with amalgamating tape. regards mdt

Thanks if I need to get someone to reposition it I will do that and add additional LNBs for better options going forward. Are you able to suggest a signal checker