PDA

View Full Version : Please help EGR removal on Alfa 159 2.4

dani_electro
18th November, 2011, 08:50 PM
Hy there! I have just removed my EGR from the ECU software, it is a EDC 16 one on an Alfa Romeo 159 2.4 200 HP. The problem now is that is I progresively accelerate, when it reaches 2.000 RPM I have a sudden loose of boost, it?s like some sort of a boost spike. Imagine that in that moment you are at above 1Bar pressure and when it reaches 2.000 rpm it drops to 0,5 Bar. It?s just a second but you notice it, and with the original map it doesn?t do that. Can anyone give me a solution? Here are the files if anyone can help me. I have uploaded 2 files..one is the original and the other one is the one with the EGR removed.
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=N8UTGGPY)

rossoelab
19th November, 2011, 02:30 AM
original file no error?
clean egr
Leak test

eprommazza
19th November, 2011, 10:28 AM
NO GOOD YOUR FILE FOR REMOVE EGR

PW PM

REGARDS

dani_electro
19th November, 2011, 07:06 PM
original file no error?
clean egr
Leak test

No. With the original file I get no error. What I want is to disable the EGR forever. I don?t want more crap into the inlet manifold. I have change it once, and I don?t want to change it twice. The price is expensive. And I have clean it 3 or 4 times.

dani_electro
19th November, 2011, 07:09 PM
NO GOOD YOUR FILE FOR REMOVE EGR

PW PM

REGARDS
Hello. Thanks you for your help. I think in the original file there are 3 sofware updates made from Alfa Romeo technicians. They have put me a plate between the EGR and the inlet manifold with 4 holes and I think the have modified the air flow parameters. So the original is not so original. With this map you have send to me it will work? What is the diference between mine and yours?

eprommazza
19th November, 2011, 07:10 PM
No. With the original file I get no error. What I want is to disable the EGR forever. I don?t want more crap into the inlet manifold. I have change it once, and I don?t want to change it twice. The price is expensive. And I have clean it 3 or 4 times.

egr closed
but it must still be connected to the wiring
report my file if ok
you may still have problems but I can solve it

regards

eprommazza
19th November, 2011, 07:13 PM
Hello. Thanks you for your help. I think in the original file there are 3 sofware updates made from Alfa Romeo technicians. They have put me a plate between the EGR and the inlet manifold with 4 holes and I think the have modified the air flow parameters. So the original is not so original. With this map you have send to me it will work? What is the diference between mine and yours?

differents in my file is tells the ECU to remain closed

dani_electro
19th November, 2011, 07:27 PM
differents in my file is tells the ECU to remain closed
Of course..wired connected. I will try it as soon as possible to see the difference. I will keep in touch to advice you about the progress and if it works well.

eprommazza
19th November, 2011, 07:34 PM
Of course..wired connected. I will try it as soon as possible to see the difference. I will keep in touch to advice you about the progress and if it works well.

i see you pm and see also other file ori with the update file by alfa ..
they have slightly reduced the work of egr

dani_electro
12th February, 2012, 01:32 PM
After trying the diferent version of the modified ECU files, the result it?s the same...the turbo only works from 2.000 rpm. I think there have to be dome some VGT tuning...but I don?t know how.