PDA

View Full Version : POSTS LIKE THIS..

shady77
3rd January, 2009, 09:07 AM
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f2/you-all-23986/

I know that DF and the mods don't like the idea of restricting access to d/loads too much, but surely posts like the above are in favour of admin manually checking each post before allowing the user to d/load?
thoughts?

cantona7
3rd January, 2009, 09:45 AM
thankfully these posts are few and far between

damn fcuking annoying i know but what can you do!!!

dk being like it is has helped it grow into what it is and to change things everytime you get a tw*t like that on would be a shame(i think)

gmb45
3rd January, 2009, 09:51 AM
manually checking posts means a lot of trouble for admin shady ive no doubt devilfish has better things to do, just ban them its their loss not ours, and what about when they need help again they are the losers eh.Admin can stop their computer from getting access but they could use someone elses so not a lot can be done from them getting a fix,perhaps up the number of posts before download i dont know see what devilfish says.your going to get some tw-ts no matter what, dont let it bother you m8.

Jaffa
3rd January, 2009, 11:08 AM
Some sad people around who come for help and leave abuse. No sense upping the post count for downloads as idiots will just post more sh1t, he already has 6. Staff cant be here all the time so there will always be idiots who slip through the net like that...but now you have pointed him out shady I would imagine he will be banned.

I dont know why the just cant come and post once, get their file and leave happy, if they need other help then they can ask.

The are few and far between though as said before.

gmb45
3rd January, 2009, 04:21 PM
Some sad people around who come for help and leave abuse. No sense upping the post count for downloads as idiots will just post more sh1t, he already has 6. Staff cant be here all the time so there will always be idiots who slip through the net like that...but now you have pointed him out shady I would imagine he will be banned.

I dont know why the just cant come and post once, get their file and leave happy, if they need other help then they can ask.

The are few and far between though as said before.wish i was the kid in the pic jaffa.

Devilfish
3rd January, 2009, 04:26 PM
New members are in the range of 160 - 600 per day - there's no way I'm checking every members first post and I would never ask anyone else to do so either!

If you had reported the post, all mods and admin would have received an email about the post and it would have been removed quicker than posting in here!

This is one bad apple in a massive basket! Posts like this are uncommon.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, we won't be restricting downloads.

gmb45
3rd January, 2009, 05:28 PM
New members are in the range of 160 - 600 per day - there's no way I'm checking every members first post and I would never ask anyone else to do so either!

If you had reported the post, all mods and admin would have received an email about the post and it would have been removed quicker than posting in here!

This is one bad apple in a massive basket! Posts like this are uncommon.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, we won't be restricting downloads.well said m8

.: JaCkPoT :.
4th January, 2009, 01:16 AM
And....im too late to see the post or its content..damn me...lazy ~~~~er sleeping when this thread started..but then again im on all night...

Dowie
4th January, 2009, 02:52 AM
Well as we can report posts to the mods and Admins best that were just more diligent as members. I myself have seen posts and have not reported them:hmmmm2: which i should!

Dowie

elevators
7th January, 2009, 07:45 PM
Intersting reading, I host a forum myself for elevator people and in the main most members are decent, but you do get the odd one that for whatever reason cannot be reasoned with.
It is very difficult to monitor every single post so one tends to rely a bit on otgher members reporting infractions.
I try to take a very liberal approach and give people the benifit of the doubt, for the most part it works well but you simply never will please everyone no matter how hard you try.

I like the layout and presentation of these forums and I know a lot has been put into it by the admin. Well done it looks like a great site.

Elevators

fergrah
28th December, 2009, 07:57 PM
Following up on something mentioned here...
I am a relative newcomer to this and have very little to contribute to the forums as of now. Yet in order to download I am expected to post 5 times but I have nothing to contribute at this stage. Surely there is a better way of validating relative newcomers to the process.

smirnoff_rules
28th December, 2009, 08:00 PM
I am a relative newcomer to this and have very little to contribute to the forums as of now. Yet in order to download I am expected to post 5 times but I have nothing to contribute at this stage. Surely there is a better way of validating relative newcomers to the process.

if your just going to post crap use my link in my sig below and have a nice day

.: JaCkPoT :.
28th December, 2009, 08:34 PM

Unless it has changed i am sure it is only 1 post. We dont like 5x the spam we get.