PDA

View Full Version : how to tell a clone?

dansage
3rd January, 2009, 11:09 AM
Hi all,

I am new to this and after spending a couple of days reading up, i wanted to know how to tell a clone box. im looking at buying off fleabay, and i know ill hae to wait until the unit arrives, but are there any cjecks i can do to check if its not a clone? The seller says it isnt a clone, but i wanna make sure.

Thanks, and keep up the good work!

dan

mickyboy
3rd January, 2009, 11:20 AM
Hi all,

I am new to this and after spending a couple of days reading up, i wanted to know how to tell a clone box. im looking at buying off fleabay, and i know ill hae to wait until the unit arrives, but are there any cjecks i can do to check if its not a clone? The seller says it isnt a clone, but i wanna make sure.

Thanks, and keep up the good work!

dan

have a swatch here m8ty http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f71/eurovox-receivers-firmware-9787/

dansage
3rd January, 2009, 11:25 AM
cheers mate,

ive read that guide hundred times and didnt spot the "how to tell a clone" link at the top!

top dollar!

dan

dansage
3rd January, 2009, 11:27 AM
will this go for a new eurovox pvr ex5000 which is what i am looking at.

dan

HiTeck
3rd January, 2009, 05:38 PM
cheers mate,

ive read that guide hundred times and didnt spot the "how to tell a clone" link at the top!

top dollar!

dan

Digital Kaos - Downloads - Eurovox...spot the difference (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/guides/29/eurovox-spot-difference-208/)

And yes Firmware for the EX5000PVR is in that guide.

murph1690
4th April, 2009, 12:02 PM
hi all,
just bought a eurovox ex5000pvr, friend flashed it for me.
plugged it in and front panel lights and clock came on as normal.
turned it off to connect all my cables.
turned it back on and front panel is completely blank. not even a stand by light.
can hear the hard drive working when its on. pull the hard drive out and there is complete silence.
even left it unplugged for a while and come back to it,but still nothing
any help would be appreciated.

alex123
4th April, 2009, 12:34 PM
will this go for a new eurovox pvr ex5000 which is what i am looking at.

dan
ex5000 was discontinued 6 weeks ago any for sale will be likey to be a clone its was replaced with ex 5001