PDA

View Full Version : usa prog v/s jprog 6

digimile
21st November, 2011, 10:13 PM
hi
price wise and working wise what u guys think better to invest money tool.
thankx

z786
21st November, 2011, 10:28 PM
vag prog/usa prog is waaaaay better

plus i can get u very good discount from them ;)

rrador
22nd November, 2011, 04:42 AM
i second that i think usa prog is better
I think its a lot better value for the money

I was in the same boat few months ago and decided to get usa prog and am very happy with it so far

gauch
22nd November, 2011, 05:58 AM
i'm very happy with usaprog too,
not very updated with airbags but odo part works great

bkenigma
22nd November, 2011, 07:41 PM
Ive heard only good things about USAPROG and am actually thinking about purchasing one this week. The only thing is to be honest, if you look at the list of cars J6 def has them beat. There updates are faster, all of their sw works 100% as ive tested it on over 30 cars and never had an issue, however lets look at the price difference, for usaprog up to date is around 4k, j6 is around 9k when you get done fitzing around with all there options. The only thing I really like about j6 is the Range Rover and RR sport OBD, that really makes life easy. For me Im gonna go with USA, if theres a car i really need to do i can always borrow my friends.

bkenigma

digimile
22nd November, 2011, 08:08 PM
hi
but jprog 6 has option of payment in easy installments.like first pay 1000 $ and get the jprog 6 and obd2 adaptor and then according to need buy the other fuctions.
But z786 beat every price i am sure.
thankx

rrador
22nd November, 2011, 08:48 PM
hi
but jprog 6 has option of payment in easy installments.like first pay 1000 $ and get the jprog 6 and obd2 adaptor and then according to need buy the other fuctions.
But z786 beat every price i am sure.
thankx

well thats exatcly the way i was thinking but if you buy that for 1000 its nothing without software, i sent an email for the software i would be interested to got to start off and it was another around 2500 and that package wasn't even close to what usaprog coverage is.

now don't get me wrong i'm not in anyway knocking jprog but it was just a too big price difference for me so i decided to go with usa pog.

depends also what you need...i was basically only interested in something for USA cars thru OBD so basically usa prog standard package because i have other tools for everything else.

rrador
22nd November, 2011, 10:40 PM
Since we are on this topic, did anyone maybe purchase the $2000 update for 2011+ usa cars, and tried on any new models?

tranzavanza
23rd November, 2011, 03:01 AM
what about interface?
jprog6 looks like something my grandma would use to store her cooking recipes for thanksgiving's turkey.

rukartinatv
23rd November, 2011, 03:49 AM
Jprog its the best tool for usa cars, you dont find something better than jprog6 its do all usa cars by obd 99%.
Dont get me wrong usa prog its good tool to but for usa cars the best its jprog

DNG2010
23rd November, 2011, 04:36 AM
100% agree. Jprog has most USA cars by OBD but price is expensive for just USA cars. Just because of price I would get USAProg.

digimile
23rd November, 2011, 11:02 AM
hi
Smelecom USA Prog Special Edition Odometer Correction Tool (http://www.bligidy.com/smelecom/usa-prog-special-edition.htm)

this edition is equal to jprog which software versions
thankx

z786
23rd November, 2011, 01:10 PM
thats basic option mate

rukartinatv
23rd November, 2011, 05:15 PM
Yes for that price you can buy usa prog full package now they have descount 20% but i have vag prog and jprog6 jprog the best for usa cars and vag prog the best for vag.

Jdaniels
26th November, 2011, 05:15 AM
I use the Jpad here and it is by far the best. 7 inch lcd touch screen, effortless to use. USAprog is only a copy of someone elses hard work. I have seen the usaprog blow clusters AND pcms in some dodge units.. Cheap tool, cheaper results when it hits the fan. Ya get what ya pay for and ya pay for what ya get :) China clones everything of value but the clones are FAR from the same quality. If your doin a car a week i suppose but I am far too busy here to trust a clone/pirated software with no real support.

sukkamotton
16th January, 2012, 01:38 AM
Ive heard only good things about USAPROG and am actually thinking about purchasing one this week. The only thing is to be honest, if you look at the list of cars J6 def has them beat. There updates are faster, all of their sw works 100% as ive tested it on over 30 cars and never had an issue, however lets look at the price difference, for usaprog up to date is around 4k, j6 is around 9k when you get done fitzing around with all there options. The only thing I really like about j6 is the Range Rover and RR sport OBD, that really makes life easy. For me Im gonna go with USA, if theres a car i really need to do i can always borrow my friends.

bkenigma
jprog 6 works good but the reality is total diferent . while you thing that you will get all the cars you are wrong and open or unlock a single car will cost you $500 so if you plan to buy jprog better do all your questions firist .updates dont give you more cards it give you the chance to get more cars a long you pay for nothing on them is free if you want to pay with paypal you have to pay fees too. in case of repair you have to pay for shipping unit back and customer support is the worse you can find.