PDA

View Full Version : IFA Alternative

bbhs
1st May, 2008, 06:54 AM
Does anybody know of an alternative flasher to IFA - I have flashed using yWeb and Telnet command line and IFA.
The problem is that I have installed IFA on 4 PC's 1 running Vista, 1 Win98 se and 2 running XP.
The firewalls etc turned off and various versions of IFA the latest version on the Vista PC - only ever got it working on one XP PC and the other XP PC is setup the same as the working one.
On one PC it runs and appears to check the image etc but does not xfer any data looked in the logs etc - just come to the conclusion that it is very tempremental.
Is there an alternative GUI flashing utility that anybody has tried that is less tempremental,

gav12345
1st May, 2008, 08:18 AM
Does anybody know of an alternative flasher to IFA - I have flashed using yWeb and Telnet command line and IFA.
The problem is that I have installed IFA on 4 PC's 1 running Vista, 1 Win98 se and 2 running XP.
The firewalls etc turned off and various versions of IFA the latest version on the Vista PC - only ever got it working on one XP PC and the other XP PC is setup the same as the working one.
On one PC it runs and appears to check the image etc but does not xfer any data looked in the logs etc - just come to the conclusion that it is very tempremental.
Is there an alternative GUI flashing utility that anybody has tried that is less tempremental,
this is the one i use as no other version can i get working

after install reboot your pc

bbhs
1st May, 2008, 08:36 AM
Hi Gav thanks for that I already have that version installed on one PC running XP but still no joy.
Just wondering if there was another GUI windows flashing utility out there.

xenafan
1st May, 2008, 09:26 AM
Theres a new portable IFA in the Dbox downloads worth a try this version doesnt install just runs as is.

Cheers

Xenafan

bbhs
1st May, 2008, 09:32 AM
Thanks xenafan will give it a try

edds
3rd May, 2008, 11:35 AM
You could try Image Backup? :idea:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1YLT88QP

DBO
3rd May, 2008, 12:03 PM
i use cuteftp to copy the image in to the tmp folder on the box then just flash with remote