PDA

View Full Version : iphone v android

localhero
23rd November, 2011, 06:18 PM
ok a question thats probably been asked by many. due an upgrade so iphone 4s or an android but which one?????????

happy_highlander
23rd November, 2011, 09:28 PM
ok a question thats probably been asked by many. due an upgrade so iphone 4s or an android but which one?????????

Galaxy s2 all the way.

Canker_Canison
24th November, 2011, 11:39 AM
As usual I'd back the S2 over an Iphone.

But if you want something a bit bigger, but don't fancy a tablet... Have a look at the Galaxy Note. As far as I can see it's only weakness is the battery life.

5.3inch AMOLED screen
1.4Ghz dual core processor
16GB Memory
Android 2.3
8MP camera with flash & full 1080 video recording.

For me it might be the size issue that puts me off, that's a lot of phone to carry round in your pocket.

garry1312
24th November, 2011, 01:33 PM
Android mate and as the Samsung Galaxy S2 won mobile phone of the year I would say it's your best bet :)

assyrer
27th November, 2011, 09:56 PM
android is better

walshvinny
27th November, 2011, 10:02 PM
h t c desire s best phone ever .

smokin
27th November, 2011, 10:18 PM
any android

TheCoder
27th November, 2011, 10:24 PM

Post in the android section and the majority of responses are bound to suggest you'd be better with an android phone !

Seriously though, the question is something you can only answer for yourself. Only you know how you intend to use the phone so only you know what it is you actually require.

MrFug
28th November, 2011, 02:03 AM
Having had both an iPhone and an S2, I prefer iPhone. There's no accounting for taste. :-P

localhero
28th November, 2011, 10:02 PM
thanxs, but i like to jailbreak to get themes etc can this be done on androids???

Shady
28th November, 2011, 10:03 PM
no need to jb droids

localhero
28th November, 2011, 11:23 PM
really wats the market like compared to app store???

Shady
28th November, 2011, 11:24 PM
better
---------

opsmonkey
28th November, 2011, 11:44 PM
I've had iPhone 3, 3G and 2 4's (they both cocked up with WiFi problems). I exchanged the last 4 for a Samsung Galaxy S2.. It's so much better than the iPhone, so much so I even bought an Android Tablet over the iPad

sgerrard
29th November, 2011, 06:30 PM
the main things iphones cant do is bloody receive and make calls very well!

i have loads of mates with iphones and blackberry's and you call them and it goes to voice mail ALOT!

whats the point in having a phone if it cant make and receive calls?!

my htc wildfire s on android is a brilliant phone, and does what its meant to do!

iphones are just gimmicks and blackberrys are a better gimmick for a guy who runs a worldwide company.....

hurlinglad
29th November, 2011, 08:25 PM
The user experience (as long as you're not resentful about everything being locked-in to Apple) is probably marginally better on the iPhone than the Android equivalents.

The bigger screens on some of the Androids do look great though - especially if you're doing a lot of reading off them.

ryanj9
4th April, 2012, 03:02 AM
( no addys :rulez: )

I too would say Android I have five sister and two brothers who all have I phones and do nothing but whine an moan that the games and apps are too costly or rubbush,hope this helps:listen:

skegsagypsy
4th April, 2012, 06:51 AM
Just changed my Iphone for a Galaxy s2 the Galaxy is far superior in every department in my eyes!

liamthetim
8th April, 2012, 07:28 PM
the htc sensation is a brilliant phone

ttzag
8th April, 2012, 11:42 PM
HTC ONE S is the best phone

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

happy_highlander
9th April, 2012, 12:09 AM
HTC ONE S is the best phone

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

You say this is the best phone but it has no micro sd slot to increase storage and a battery that cannot be removed to reset when it freezes. And it will as it grows older and nears it's storage capacity while trying to load all the apps at the same time that some brain dead owner has put on it. Why would you want a dual core phone that will do as much as a laptop but not have the option to add an extra 32 gb of storage to cope with the full hd video recording it's capable of.

autoelectrics
9th April, 2012, 09:55 AM
I would go for iPhone 4S it holds it's value way better than any android phone.

Here some info about htc on the bbc: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-17655377?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

happy_highlander
9th April, 2012, 11:17 AM
I would go for iPhone 4S it holds it's value way better than any android phone.

Here some info about htc on the bbc: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-17655377?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

You would only need somethin to hold it's value if you were not happy with the performance and wanted to sell it otherwise it makes no difference about resale value.

Canker_Canison
9th April, 2012, 08:28 PM
Why would you want a dual core phone that will do as much as a laptop but not have the option to add an extra 32 gb of storage to cope with the full hd video recording it's capable of.

Sorry H I have to correct you. The One X is a quad core phone.

But the lack of an SD slot & not removable battery does stink of Apple.

The Galaxy S3 should be the way to go if the rumors are true.

happy_highlander
9th April, 2012, 10:26 PM
Sorry H I have to correct you. The One X is a quad core phone.

But the lack of an SD slot & not removable battery does stink of Apple.

The Galaxy S3 should be the way to go if the rumors are true.

I know the one X is quad core but he's talking about the one S which is dual core ;) and I have also been sitting salivating over the spec sheet of the s3 but there is rumour that the sd card slot may be omitted from that as well and I think that would behuge mistake

Canker_Canison
10th April, 2012, 02:49 PM
Sorry H, I tend to only read up on the top end phones. Until I have to look at inferior models that have been abused & broken.

Feel free to PM me that spec sheet. Is it still all guess work?

lagerland
10th April, 2012, 03:08 PM
I know the one X is quad core but he's talking about the one S which is dual core ;) and I have also been sitting salivating over the spec sheet of the s3 but there is rumour that the sd card slot may be omitted from that as well and I think that would behuge mistake

Ave a look here HH....................

Samsung Galaxy S3 Specs: Wireless charging rumoured | T3 (http://www.t3.com/news/samsung-galaxy-s3-specs)

Canker_Canison
10th April, 2012, 04:15 PM
I'd be shocked if they went with cordless charging. It is proven to work, but it's very wasteful when it comes to power usage. There's also been issues raised about possible health risks. Would you willingly live in a house that has an electricity pylon right next to it? Using wireless charging could amount to the same thing.

happy_highlander
10th April, 2012, 05:44 PM
Sorry H, I tend to only read up on the top end phones. Until I have to look at inferior models that have been abused & broken.

Feel free to PM me that spec sheet. Is it still all guess work?

Still all rumours at this stage I think canker. Just the usual stuff 2ghz dual core 2gb ram. I'll see if I can get hold of that sheet mate.

Edit Found it....Have a look here http://www.techstuffs4u.com/samsung-galaxy-s3-features-specifications-price/

poxwell
10th April, 2012, 09:00 PM
trying to remain unbiased lol

my wife has an iphone 4s
i have galaxy s2

she always asks to use mine whereas i have no interest in hers at all.
apps are easy to get for free on android, we all know apple's stance on this...
as far as the operating system in general is in comparison, i would always go for android every time.
i like the feel of android and the only problems i have ever had are service provider related.
i'm currently waiting for ICS update although the changes aren't massive and won't be lifechanging.
we also have a HTC Desire HD which the kids take with them when they go out, and they also love how the OS feels compared to their friends apples.

alom5
10th April, 2012, 11:36 PM
i have had the i phone before and it's not my thing....have had the galaxy s and 2 weeks ago got the galaxy note.. WOW!!! great phone and not that big really as its very slim. get used to the size very quickly. screen is just fantastic......i only wish they would roll out ics for it (have it on my galaxy s)...very smooth and a lot faster then the iphone 4s which my brother and nephew have.

the gps is exceptional on this as well and runing navigation and gogglemaps WOW!!!

superb phone....and am just waiting for the galaxy 3 as the specs just look unbeleivable!!!

i have the ipad tho ...as for tablets i think they are the best.