PDA

View Full Version : 3D Gaming/ 3D TV's

xXJediXx
24th November, 2011, 07:55 PM
Any of you guys do any 3d gaming, if so what set up do you have, I'm considering making the plunge into the 3d tv market ..

Cheers

J

martiboy
24th November, 2011, 10:27 PM
I've used the 3d on cod Bo and mw3. It's not the easyist thing to play on 3d

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dctyper
24th November, 2011, 10:30 PM
yeh both of them and avatar

i have a samsung 50inch 3dtv

you need to have it attached via hdmi to get 3d tho

dc

xXJediXx
27th November, 2011, 02:36 PM
Is it any good tho ..?

Because i have no interest in 33d tv apart from the footy .

So if it aint much cop ill just get a massive led tv instead

rob619
27th November, 2011, 03:02 PM
Is it any good tho ..?

Because i have no interest in 33d tv apart from the footy .

So if it aint much cop ill just get a massive led tv instead

Get a plasma mate, I was going to get an LED aswell, but there is soo much lag on them when watching fast moving images, like footy for example. Upon reading reviews Panasonic Plasma Smart Viera's are highly rated

aftermath
27th November, 2011, 03:27 PM
got a 47" LG led 3D TV, the 3D is awesome, football in 3D is superb as is Tennis, its like being there.
Avatar is the best 3D movie i have watched.

the good thing with LG 3D TV`s is they use same glasses as the cinema`s , therefore no headaches unlike the samsung 3D Glasses wich are active shutter ones and cost about ?50 a pair, the LG glasses are about ?2 a pair..

There is no lag on my TV at all, and the update software is downloadable from the TV itself so any updates are simple.

you will need a 3D Blu Ray player to compliment your TV

Also purchase a large USB stick for the 3D Movies, can pay direct into your TV via USB stick , or the 3d blu ray player can use an external HDD as well as a USB stick.

i cant fault mine at all, if i did have a fault it would be the sound on ITV, sounds a bit tinny but other channels are spot on..

rob619
27th November, 2011, 08:03 PM
got a 47" LG led 3D TV, the 3D is awesome, football in 3D is superb as is Tennis, its like being there.
Avatar is the best 3D movie i have watched.

the good thing with LG 3D TV`s is they use same glasses as the cinema`s , therefore no headaches unlike the samsung 3D Glasses wich are active shutter ones and cost about ?50 a pair, the LG glasses are about ?2 a pair..

There is no lag on my TV at all, and the update software is downloadable from the TV itself so any updates are simple.

you will need a 3D Blu Ray player to compliment your TV

Also purchase a large USB stick for the 3D Movies, can pay direct into your TV via USB stick , or the 3d blu ray player can use an external HDD as well as a USB stick.

i cant fault mine at all, if i did have a fault it would be the sound on ITV, sounds a bit tinny but other channels are spot on..

Sounds good! What's the model number of your tv? I have just purchased a Panasonic 3d model which should arrive next week :) Regarding the USB stick, if you could tell me a realible/good source to download 3D movies which I can put onto a USB that would be great?!! :party:

martiboy
27th November, 2011, 09:24 PM
I've got a Samsung 3d lcd. The 3d movies I dl are normally around 40gb so I just put all them onto an external hard drive and play them from that

rob619
27th November, 2011, 09:28 PM
I've got a Samsung 3d lcd. The 3d movies I dl are normally around 40gb so I just put all them onto an external hard drive and play them from that

40gb for one movie?!! Where can I download them from dude?

martiboy
27th November, 2011, 09:49 PM
Yes mate they are big movies. I use usenetserver as the server and grabbit for searching and downloading with. Usenetserver is around ?7 a month and grabbit is about ?1.50 a month. Both are great for movies/cd,s/games

gazz10
27th November, 2011, 09:50 PM
grabbit is about ?1.50 a month.

grabbit free

rob619
27th November, 2011, 09:52 PM
Yes mate they are big movies. I use usenetserver as the server and grabbit for searching and downloading with. Usenetserver is around ?7 a month and grabbit is about ?1.50 a month. Both are great for movies/cd,s/games

Thanks, OMG they are actually that big in size!! Dammit! Ill be waiting an age for downloading!! I am a lovefilm member shall I just stick to them then?

martiboy
27th November, 2011, 09:59 PM
grabbit free

Grabbit free to download but to use the search function you pay unless you know something I don't?

martiboy
27th November, 2011, 10:01 PM
Thanks, OMG they are actually that big in size!! Dammit! Ill be waiting an age for downloading!! I am a lovefilm member shall I just stick to them then?

When using usenetserver you use your full bandwidth unless you have traffice management. I have virgin media 50mb so it doesn't take to long

rob619
27th November, 2011, 10:20 PM
When using usenetserver you use your full bandwidth unless you have traffice management. I have virgin media 50mb so it doesn't take to long

Lol lucky git! I guess I gotta rely on Lovefilm for the time being then