PDA

View Full Version : Gas boiler fan blowing in the wind ?

Saltire
27th November, 2011, 01:08 AM
I have a gas combi boiler, had it now about 3 years and this is the first time its started showing these sypmtoms.

Thing is, when its windy outside and the boiler is off I can hear the wind making something in the boiler make a noise, so I am pretty sure its the fan as its when a strong gust of wind comes you can hear it make the noise.

Anyway, as you know, any gas boiler can be fatal, so thats why I am asking in here for expert advice, no messing about etc.

Is this risky ?

Why has it only started doing this now after about 3 years and not before ?

And biggest serious point, could this potentially mean that when the boiler is on and its windy outside that the poisonious carbon monoxide fumes etc could be coming back into the house ?

Appreciate some good expert advice on this please, thanks. :)

p.s
the noise is a bit annoying too.

Meat-Head
27th November, 2011, 10:46 PM
no idea - but does the exhaust thing got damaged by flying pigs or a birds nest.

Saltire
28th November, 2011, 12:03 AM
no idea - but does the exhaust thing got damaged by flying pigs or a birds nest.

lol, nah i doubt it mate, its got a kind of protected thing on it on the outside by the looks of it.

gazz10
28th November, 2011, 12:10 AM
you took out home cover via bg or similar places, serviced once a year etc,,, am sure that put ur mind at rest

chucklor
28th November, 2011, 01:19 AM
probably pay you to but a plume kit or a 90 degree angle to deflect it out of the winds direction...chuck

Saltire
28th November, 2011, 01:34 AM
probably pay you to but a plume kit or a 90 degree angle to deflect it out of the winds direction...chuck

yea but, what i cant understand is why after 3 years would it just start doing this ?