PDA

View Full Version : uses for clio radio display

teocr
27th November, 2011, 01:11 AM
Hi!
I am going to get right to the problem; I have a radio display from a renault clio, the display that is located in the midle on the dash board, and witch shows the ext temp, the time and the radio/cd infos. I want to mount these display on a dacia sandero for the ext temp. the problem is that witn no connexion to a renault radio, the display is 3/4 empty.
My question is, how can i make sompthing to be displayed on the screen; what circuit can I use to make some info apear on the display?
I am waiting for your's sudgestions.
Thanks!

alfabit
30th November, 2011, 03:58 PM
That display is connected on CAN-bus so no way to show something on it unless CAN-bus which sandero not even dreamed about !

teocr
30th November, 2011, 08:37 PM
I did not mentioned that the display is from a 2001 clio 1.4l so there is no can-bus. is exactly the same car as the sandero. the only connections of the display are to the radio controls and to the radio

alfabit
1st December, 2011, 09:16 AM
I did not mentioned that the display is from a 2001 clio 1.4l so there is no can-bus. is exactly the same car as the sandero. the only connections of the display are to the radio controls and to the radio

Where are the temperature sensors on that clio/2001/1.4 ? On the display, on the radio or on the radio controls ?
And clio II ( X65 ) is on CAN exactly for the audio controls part, my friend !
But you can continue to hope that your sandero is a redesigned old clio !

teocr
2nd December, 2011, 09:59 PM
I think you did not understand what I am talking about.

http://renault-megane-1.fr/_Images/Affichage_deporte/Afficheur_TunerList.jpg

http://193.164.196.40/images/827/8278861199.jpg

these is the display. and if you want I can give you the wiring diagram

http://clementmoerman.free.fr/Clio/Autoradio/pilmein1zi1.jpg

the wires that are not marked are the temperature sender, and the ilumination reostat. on the radio, the C connector dase not exist and the A and B connectors do not have speciale wires. one is for the speakers and the other has a 12V wire, ignition wire, mass wire and speed wire.
so, where are the can wires?
and yas, the sandero is just an old clio

alfabit
3rd December, 2011, 08:44 AM
I put you here a piece of schematics from Clio2ph2 ( Visu X65 NT8234A ). > 0136_A3.pdf
There are 261 radio, 653 clock/external temperature/carphone display assembly ( that in your photo there, i repaired few of those, so i know them very well ! )
All the connexions you find there, all connectors you showed on your upload photos/drawings.
More info you`ll find, as any electronic guy, from the original schematics of your car.

alfabit
3rd December, 2011, 08:52 AM
Completion of the last post;
External temperature sensor is in the passanger rear mirror, as you can see in this schematics ( from the same X65 NT8234A )

teocr
3rd December, 2011, 11:06 AM
thanks for the schematics!
CAN or no CAN, the temperature and the clok worked on the banch with only +12V and a mass so thay shold work on the car also; I see no reason whai thei shold'nt.
my question for you or for anybody is what circuit can I connect to that display (directly to the display pins or indirectly to the connector) so that it will show something on the left side of the screen (wher normaly you have the radio rds informations).
and no, I do'nt want to change the RCD player.

teocr
3rd December, 2011, 11:08 AM
Sorry for my english; i am french and therefor incapabale of using other langueges

alfabit
3rd December, 2011, 11:56 AM
You can do nothing for that ( my opinion ), that part of LCD is specially designed for showing info from the RadioCD. It`s like an extension of the RadioCD in exterior, as the LCD has no place inside the radio ( and it really hasn`t ! ) and they put in the environs !
I would suggest ( if i were you ) to change the RadioCD but you said precise not want that, so keep it but your LCD will show only clock and temp int/ext
You must conciliate with this !

alfabit
3rd December, 2011, 12:08 PM
But i really don`t understand, what info would you like to see displayed on that zone of LCD ? RDS from radio , track/melody from CD ? Engine info ? Speed, RPM ?

teocr
3rd December, 2011, 01:28 PM
speed or RPM wold be good infos to be displayed
but I think it would be much cheeper to buy a thermometer and find a nice place on the dashboard to integrate it. in the end, all I want from that renault display is the temperature.

alfabit
3rd December, 2011, 04:24 PM
speed or RPM wold be good infos to be displayed

Very hard to show those, almost imposible, expensive and complicated electronics...And for what ? Needless info, you have on the dash.

buy a thermometer and find a nice place on the dashboard to integrate it. in the end, all I want from that renault display is the temperature.

That i would do so, a thermometer with two sensors, internal/external ( external sensor mounted in an external rearview mirror, as original ), it`s lesser than that clio display, you can`t find a decent place for clio display integrating in sandero dashboard ( it is too big and quadratic ), better with a smaller thermo.

teocr
5th December, 2011, 09:45 PM
I will throw it awai. you are right; that display is useless on its own.