PDA

View Full Version : Problem uploading channel list

ekkostar
28th November, 2011, 10:38 AM
Hi,

Some help please.

Got a new duo yesteraday installed new loader and then imaged BH1.6.6 onto it. All is fine.

FTP'd Catseyes Channel List via VUCC 0.3 to the box.

The Sat XML and bouquet files are in the box but they don't show up onscreen when I try to scroll channels ? Can't see any channels on the box ?

If I go into Favourites, I'll see all the sat positions but no channels or frequencies under each of them ?

Very puzzled unless I'm doing something very basic wrong ?

All help appreciated.

Thanks

dell_xps
28th November, 2011, 02:22 PM
Where did you put the files ?

ekkostar
28th November, 2011, 02:42 PM
Hi,

Files reside in

dir : etc/enigma2

VU CC put them straight there. I can FTP them Filezilla, if that would make a difference ?

Thanks

dell_xps
28th November, 2011, 02:50 PM
Try SGT FlipFlops m8, yer putting them in the right place, have you rebooted since installing them ?

RuberDuck
28th November, 2011, 03:58 PM
why dont you use a tool dedicated to the task such as dreambox edit ?.

ekkostar
28th November, 2011, 05:17 PM
Hi guys,

Yes, did of course reboot but to no avail.

I'll try dreambox edit later to see if that works better. I thought VU control centre would do it as it had the feature on board. The files have FTP'd so it was strange.

Do you have to ch mod the files, could that be it ?

On another note is BH the best image at the mo and what's the concensus with Vix and VTi ?

Also can I multiboot with a usb stick and is it best to have stock firmware on the flash to keep it stable.

Thanks in advance

johnny yen
28th November, 2011, 07:32 PM
if your using blackhole just download them from blackhole server green ,yellow, addons download manger, settings then catseye ,easy

ekkostar
28th November, 2011, 09:15 PM
Yes, worked from the download panel

DBEdit did not.

Thanks

johnny yen
28th November, 2011, 11:15 PM
once your on the channel list press menu then u can move channels and differant channels to differant groups thats how i do it but the catseye is quite good not much changing needed

RuberDuck
29th November, 2011, 01:01 AM
if your using blackhole just download them from blackhole server green ,yellow, addons download manger, settings then catseye ,easy

and when there servers go down we get a load of members who make posts begging for help as they dont know even the basics of their box.

Yes, worked from the download panel

DBEdit did not.

Thanks

Then your not using it correctly.

johnny yen
29th November, 2011, 07:07 PM
[QUOTE=RuberDuck;1350941]and when there servers go down we get a load of members who make posts begging for help as they dont know even the basics of their box.

and how often do they go down ive been on blackhole nearly a year and i can only remember it not working maybe twice :dancing2:but im not saying dont use dbedit

RuberDuck
30th November, 2011, 12:30 AM
and when there servers go down we get a load of members who make posts begging for help as they dont know even the basics of their box.

and how often do they go down ive been on blackhole nearly a year and i can only remember it not working maybe twice :dancing2:but im not saying dont use dbedit

The point is why bother buying a receiver that needs so much user input, just to rely on feeds and plugin panels ?.

i'm a mod and admin on many forums and the vast and i do mean vast amount of problems come down to people who just dont have a clue what to do when the panels and feeds dont work.

ekkostar
30th November, 2011, 08:41 PM

Then your not using it correctly.

FYI I'm not begging for anything. I had my duo set up with the BH image within 20mins of opening the box.

The channels lists did not appear but the sats did.

DB edit was putting bouquets in var/tuxbox/config and sat.xml elsewhere. Dreambox settings ?

Anyway I have changed all paths to etc/enigma2 and seems to work now.