PDA

View Full Version : can anyone decode a vdo cd5404 headunit

ernie430
4th January, 2009, 12:50 AM
hello folks my girlfriends got a mgzr with a vdo cd 5404 head unit in it does anyone know where to get this head unit decoded by the numbers on the unit or does it have to be sent away for decode?
thanks in advance

martin:dancing2:

Devilfish
4th January, 2009, 02:50 AM
All the places I found stated that the database that help all the codes for MG radios is now turned off and they can't get them anymore.

Apparently the codes can be obtained from XPart but they appear to be charging ?30 for them, probably more than the radio is worth.

Dowie
4th January, 2009, 02:57 AM
Yup as Devilfish said the databases are turned off now! Try looking in the Autotrader and look towards the back in the decode section its gonna cost you around ?30 mate probably best buying a new one

Dowie

yamar1
4th January, 2009, 12:40 PM
hello folks my girlfriends got a mgzr with a vdo cd 5404 head unit in it does anyone know where to get this head unit decoded by the numbers on the unit or does it have to be sent away for decode?
thanks in advance

martin:dancing2:
if its gona cost you ?30, better off buying a new cd player cheap as chips these days:top:

smirnoff_rules
4th January, 2009, 12:42 PM
l use these lads Blaupunkt Radio Decoding / Radio Code (http://www.audiotechnical.co.uk/blaupunkt.htm)

ernie430
5th January, 2009, 10:04 PM
Thanks everyone i think the new headunit may be the option we will go down but will try the guys in the link given thanks again.:beer:

Dowie
6th January, 2009, 12:54 AM
Just a thought you may need a converter lead for this wiring cos im sure they had the speed limit and other things on these plugs so there not standard! Just check first mate Ill ask my brother-in-law in the morning he's was a rover autoelectrician

Dowie

RS2000
10th February, 2009, 11:42 PM
There's a few decoders in the attatched pack, don't know if they'll be any good for ya.

mr_huang
25th March, 2010, 09:04 AM
There's a few decoders in the attatched pack, don't know if they'll be any good for ya.

Thanks....