PDA

View Full Version : Ford IDS

integlikewhoa
29th November, 2011, 06:13 PM
New Ford IDS version R76 is out. But don't download just yet.
IDS Special Instructions (http://www.motorcraftservice.com/vdirs/wds/diagnosticsites/vcmdvd/mcs/idssoftware_special.asp)

So The new software requires you to activate one computer. Requires you to purchase a serial code for software to work, unlike how you used to have to activate the tool (VCM) and didn't matter which computer you use it on.

So wonder how long it will take for a Key Gen to come out? Anyone have any more info on this?

EDIT: Anyone have R75 laying around? I now need to downgrade.
I have a valid paid and original VCM with several months of activation left on it and I now found that I can't upgrade until I ready to pay for a new subscription. They wont give me a key with what ever time I have left on it. They are trying to force me to pay again ( which has now went up to 699 a year).

eddie8
29th November, 2011, 06:35 PM
Stay tuned. Ford is coming out with a new vcm as well. It will be a vcmII which will have a built in flight recorder.

integlikewhoa
29th November, 2011, 06:44 PM
Stay tuned. Ford is coming out with a new vcm as well. It will be a vcmII which will have a built in flight recorder.

I have heard about that. I feel like I got ripped just getting my VCM not that long ago.
Also heard its going to be like 800 vs. 2500 plus for the current one.

drakov
29th November, 2011, 08:57 PM
Facts About IDS Software Licensing

General Information
? A unique license is required for each computer.
? The license is assigned to the computer it is activated on.
? A license can only be used on one computer at a time.
? Vehicle Communication through the VCM is disabled without an active license.
? Licenses are active for a fixed period of time and expire on the expiration date.
? A license can be renewed, returned and transferred to a different PC.
? The process to obtain a license varies from market to market.
? Uninstalling IDS does not uninstall the license.

Types of Licenses

Evaluation License

? Can be installed only once per computer.
? An Activation Code is not required to activate the license.
? Activation does not require internet communication; it is automatically installed at first installation of IDS.
? Is NOT a renewable license.
? A Production License will be required after expiration of the Evaluation License to use Vehicle Communications.

Production License

? Can be installed many times on the computer it is assigned to.
? An Activation Code is required to activate the license.
? Activation does require communication with the License Server.
? Activation can be done using either an online or offline process.
? Must be activated prior to or at Evaluation License expiration to continue use of Vehicle Communications.
? Is a renewable license.
? Can only be renewed online.
? The renewal process does not require manual entry of an Activation Code.

Production License Status

? Active - An active and valid license with Vehicle Communications enabled.
? Inactive - An inoperable license resulting from computer clock rollback or computer hardware changes with Vehicle Communications disabled.
? Invalid - A license past its validation deadline with Vehicle Communications disabled.
? Expired - A license past its expiration date with Vehicle Communications disabled.

IDS Software License Functions

License Validation

? An activated Production License requires regular Validation to remain active.
? When internet connected, Validation is automatically done by IDS as a background task
? When not internet connected, IDS provides warnings as the Validation deadline approaches.
? Validation can be done either online or offline.

Returning a License/Transferring a License

? Any internet connected computer with a license can be used to Return or Transfer a license.
? A license can be transferred by activating a returned license on another computer.

Facts About IDS Software Licensing

? To Return a license online, select System Utilities\ License Management\Return License.
? To Return a license offline, select System Utilities\ License Management\Support Information.

Uninstalling IDS

? If IDS and the license are no longer needed, uninstall IDS and Return the license.
? If IDS is no longer needed, uninstall IDS and retain the license for future use.

joshplianfield
30th November, 2011, 12:26 AM
New Ford IDS version R76 is out. But don't download just yet.
IDS Special Instructions (http://www.motorcraftservice.com/vdirs/wds/diagnosticsites/vcmdvd/mcs/idssoftware_special.asp)

So The new software requires you to activate one computer. Requires you to purchase a serial code for software to work, unlike how you used to have to activate the tool (VCM) and didn't matter which computer you use it on.

So wonder how long it will take for a Key Gen to come out? Anyone have any more info on this?

EDIT: Anyone have R75 laying around? I now need to downgrade.
I have a valid paid and original VCM with several months of activation left on it and I now found that I can't upgrade until I ready to pay for a new subscription. They wont give me a key with what ever time I have left on it. They are trying to force me to pay again ( which has now went up to 699 a year).

I have V74 w/calibrations, will that work?

joshplianfield
30th November, 2011, 12:29 AM
I have heard about that. I feel like I got ripped just getting my VCM not that long ago.
Also heard its going to be like 800 vs. 2500 plus for the current one.

That be nice if the VCM 2 is 800, right now I use OEM that the shop owns and I have a non functional clone.

For 800 for connector and 700 per year I'd love my own VCM.

3abas27
3rd December, 2011, 08:37 PM
That be nice if the VCM 2 is 800, right now I use OEM that the shop owns and I have a non functional clone.

For 800 for connector and 700 per year I'd love my own VCM.
HELLO FREIND
IHAD CHINESE MADE VCM WITH SOFT 74

SUPPLIER TALK ABOUT NEVER EXPIRED

BUT HERE IN FORUM TALK ABOUT LICENCE EXPIRED

ANY HELP PLZ?

eddie8
3rd December, 2011, 11:00 PM
I love the automotive repair business. It seems just when you get comfortable with something the manufacturers end up changeing it...lol