PDA

View Full Version : china wii

vinc21
4th January, 2009, 03:03 AM
Hi my lads bought one for the kid from china, all the menue in chinese and some games wont play even though its multi-region, is there any way to wipe the software/firmware then re-mod it. thanks for any help vinc21

dell_xps
4th January, 2009, 01:44 PM
Hi my lads bought one for the kid from china, all the menue in chinese and some games wont play even though its multi-region, is there any way to wipe the software/firmware then re-mod it. thanks for any help vinc21

Factory reset, when it boots up does it not ask what language you want to select?
Or do the software hack, and it should play all games pal/ntsc/jap
HTH

vinc21
5th January, 2009, 03:07 AM
thanks for the help as i said the menue is chinese are you saying i should do a factory reset. thanks vinc21

dell_xps
5th January, 2009, 02:08 PM
thanks for the help as i said the menue is chinese are you saying i should do a factory reset. thanks vinc21

Yes, google the menu m8, so you know where to navigate to and do a factory reset. (stab in the dark, might work probably not though)
Or do the software hack and install the 3.2E firmware, do this at your own risk though m8, It may brick/semi brick your Wii, I've never done this on a China Wii, but if you cannot play anything on it just now worth a try.

alltalk
5th January, 2009, 05:49 PM
I think you're stuck with chinese!
I had some jap region 4 consoles anyay and never managed to change the language

dell_xps
5th January, 2009, 05:59 PM
Whats the serial on your Wii, see if it can be chipped that way you will def be able to play all games on it.
Wiiclip and wiikey 2 will set you back ?39, fitting is a doddle, just clips onto the chip.
If you find out you have a D2B chip make sure you tell them as it's soldered differently to the wiiclip.
HTH

mistermofo
12th January, 2009, 09:12 PM
Yes, google the menu m8, so you know where to navigate to and do a factory reset. (stab in the dark, might work probably not though)
Or do the software hack and install the 3.2E firmware, do this at your own risk though m8, It may brick/semi brick your Wii, I've never done this on a China Wii, but if you cannot play anything on it just now worth a try.

installing 3.2e or any firmware version from europe will semi brick your wii as i wont be able to find the japanese language file and therefore you wont be able to get into the menu setting

ps2chiper
11th February, 2009, 11:42 AM
There is no such thing as a china wii. It was an illegal import or a stolen console as they dont sell video game consoles in china.

angelinalove
12th February, 2009, 12:26 PM
I think you need english firmware.

ps2chiper
12th February, 2009, 07:26 PM
They have some guides from other forums that show you how to convert it over. I dont know if i can post the links. but i will pm you with one.