PDA

View Full Version : Major Pc Troble -WITH ( Game MINECRAFT )

djcj
30th November, 2011, 05:08 AM
HI. a frined has fected me a pc says he he having trouble with it shutting down after opening programs etc and getting a black screen but with music .
spec of pc is - p4 3.00 ghz
4gb ram
geforce 9500gt

1st thing i did was update graphics driver as the last time it was updated was 2009 .then i update his java - then i run test on his graphics card and memory every thing was fine
then i come to the problem he has a game install called
MINDCRAFT now as soon as you try to run this its uses all his cpu 95-100 % and when it gets to this the screen goes black
and then you can still hear the audio so it does not atually reboot the machine but it locked on the black screen
after a bit of reserch this GAME IS KNOWN to do this and has many of fixes but i have yet to have any joy with any.
i have tried re installing ,chaning the settings from far to short and most fixes can any 1 help me out i have literelly give up CHEERS IN ADVANCE

Reapers
30th November, 2011, 03:52 PM
could be a number of reasons (start with 1)

X= means C:\ just in case you have changed to something else.

1. X:/username/app data/minecraft then delete the bin folder after done that go to the minecraft website and play in browser
and it should redownload the bin folder and that should fix it hopefully.

2. your graphics driver may be corrupt,unstable or incompatible with the card install a previous version that you know that has worked
before to test.

3 java - try fully removing your java and reinstalling it see if there was a problem installing or configuring.
if your not sure how to remove java or the old versions you can use this software and unistall safely
http://files7.majorgeeks.com/files/e0d04159c4304a1f2a5e191f551f3a94/browsers/JavaRa.zip
hope it helps.

little pob
1st December, 2011, 10:57 PM
The CPU and GFx combination should be capable of running the game according to the Hardware performance page on the Minecraft wiki.

With that in mind, make sure you are using the version (v1.0), rather than a earlier beta.

Out of interest what OS are you using?