PDA

View Full Version : Biting the bullet VU+duo

eattheliving
30th November, 2011, 09:59 AM
Hi All, well i'm finally pi**ed off with my S9 and the sync problems. So I'm taking the plunge (hopefully before xmas) and actually gonna shell out the cash for a proper box (VU+Duo).

my question is:

Vix or Blackhole F/W. What are the + and - on these images please?

RuberDuck
30th November, 2011, 10:27 AM
Hi All, well i'm finally pi**ed off with my S9 and the sync problems. So I'm taking the plunge (hopefully before xmas) and actually gonna shell out the cash for a proper box (VU+Duo).

my question is:

Vix or Blackhole F/W. What are the + and - on these images please?

to be honest your best off trying each image your self and seeing which you prefer. i am biast towards vix but i'm a vix team member.

eattheliving
30th November, 2011, 10:48 AM
to be honest your best off trying each image your self and seeing which you prefer. i am biast towards vix but i'm a vix team member.

thanks mate. is there a big difference in the EPG?

RuberDuck
30th November, 2011, 11:04 AM
ive not used BH for a long time but properly setup using crossepg the epg in vix is flawless.

eattheliving
30th November, 2011, 12:02 PM
thanks. looks good.

:star:

lincsat
30th November, 2011, 02:37 PM
You can use the CrossEPG and Cool TV Guide in Blackhole as well. I'm a Blackhole user.

eattheliving
30th November, 2011, 02:43 PM
You can use the CrossEPG and Cool TV Guide in Blackhole as well. I'm a Blackhole user.

thanks lincsat. got any pics of CrossEPG and Cool TV guide for me to have a look at matey?

cheers

dell_xps
30th November, 2011, 07:00 PM
Vix all the way for me. RD on call 24/7 if any probs occur :-), and thats very very
rare.

eattheliving
30th November, 2011, 07:23 PM
thanks guy's

lincsat
30th November, 2011, 11:27 PM
thanks lincsat. got any pics of CrossEPG and Cool TV guide for me to have a look at matey?

cheers

Looks like what RD posted, the plugins can be used on many E2 images.

cactikid
1st December, 2011, 11:53 PM
are you getting an internal drive fitted,as most people forget?

eattheliving
2nd December, 2011, 08:59 AM
are you getting an internal drive fitted,as most people forget?

yes mate. I'm gonna fit it myself.(before i flash)

:manuflag:

eattheliving
11th December, 2011, 12:14 PM
well that's it I've done it. Thanks to RD for the help and the guy's at WOS for a great price.

christmas is coming early for me.... :thrasher:

RuberDuck
11th December, 2011, 12:29 PM
well that's it I've done it. Thanks to RD for the help and the guy's at WOS for a great price.

christmas is coming early for me.... :thrasher:

no worries bud, it really is a very good receiver and you will be very pleased with it. If you need any help setting it up etc just make a post here or on WoS and some one will help.

eattheliving
11th December, 2011, 01:04 PM
no worries bud, it really is a very good receiver and you will be very pleased with it. If you need any help setting it up etc just make a post here or on WoS and some one will help.

thanks again matey will do.

lombard
11th December, 2011, 02:35 PM
thanks again matey will do.

Hi, just ordered a VU Duo myself today, currently got a DM800se with 500gb, cant fault it runs perfect, fast, but needed a dual tuner box and vu duo seems best priced and great images,

got my Vix 2.3 image ready :ridinghorse:

eattheliving
11th December, 2011, 04:48 PM
Hi, just ordered a VU Duo myself today, currently got a DM800se with 500gb, cant fault it runs perfect, fast, but needed a dual tuner box and vu duo seems best priced and great images,

got my Vix 2.3 image ready :ridinghorse:

gonna get WOS to flash mine with the vix image...... i know lazy aren't i.lol

RuberDuck
11th December, 2011, 05:07 PM

LOL why not. and when you have it setup just as you like you can back the image up and keep that for a rainy day.

lombard
11th December, 2011, 05:11 PM

decided i will do it myself, good for practice get used to all workings of box,

andy211081
14th December, 2011, 05:52 PM
well had the box 24hours and is fantastic, its just like my sky hd box but better.

you can scroll across and look whats on and then record without having to go through shed loads of menus.

Best thing i have bough since i bought my blow up doll

andy91
14th December, 2011, 05:56 PM
How does the Vu duo compare to the Xtrend 9000?

Anyone give an opinion which is better.

Andy.

aftermath
14th December, 2011, 06:05 PM
How does the Vu duo compare to the Xtrend 9000?

Anyone give an opinion which is better.

Andy.

ive heard their very similar, the 9000 has PiP that works , and more memory, and looks better.

ive had the ET9000 for a few month now and not 1 single complaint, it works all the time and does what i want.

Pic quality is superb on HD channels

andy91
14th December, 2011, 06:11 PM
ive heard their very similar, the 9000 has PiP that works , and more memory, and looks better.

ive had the ET9000 for a few month now and not 1 single complaint, it works all the time and does what i want.

Pic quality is superb on HD channels

Certainly looks better than the Vu duo,are the recording facilities easy and what size flash memory does it have?

Been toying over a new box for a while and ive ruled out the Dreambox 800se seen to many bad posts.

As for support is there plenty out there?

Thanks in advance

Andy.

RuberDuck
14th December, 2011, 07:10 PM
Certainly looks better than the Vu duo,are the recording facilities easy and what size flash memory does it have?

Been toying over a new box for a while and ive ruled out the Dreambox 800se seen to many bad posts.

As for support is there plenty out there?

Thanks in advance

Andy.

well the Duo has been out for a while longer than the ET series, so the support for the ET is slightly less although that really makes no matter. The ET 9X00 series does have one small flaw in that the second tuner is not able to view or tune to channels with a SR or 30,000 but that's easily resolved by using tuner 1 as the primary tuner. the Duo does not have this problem.

The ET series also has full hardware blindscan support where as only the Uno an Ultimo have this on the Vu side. The et also now used the linux 3.1.0 kernel as it's base the Duo on the other hand is just starting to experiment with the 3.1.1 kernel.

DUO
400MHZ mips processor
128MB NAND Flash 384MB ram

ET9000
400MHZ mips processor
128MB NAND Flash 512MB DDR ram

ET9200
400MHZ mips processor
256MB of NAND Flash (instead of 128MB) 512MB ram

over all if i was buying a new box rite now it would be the ET series over the Duo but saying that i do own both a Duo and a Uno and both are fantastic boxes.

lombard
14th December, 2011, 08:12 PM
Hi, i have had the Vu Duo running for a day now, perfect , no lag while recording and flicking other channels very smooth and responsive, doesnt look as good as the DM800se had no issues with clone dm800se great build was very responsive, but needed a dual tuner box,

jmjc0112
14th December, 2011, 09:14 PM
Took the plunge and ordered one tonight from WoS. Hopefully should have it by Friday.

lombard
15th December, 2011, 03:37 PM
W.O.S sent me someone elses order today, a Vu Uno with Motorised package and signal meter , some lnb etc,?470 odd worth

had my name and tracking from when i bought the VU duo few days earlier,

emailed W.O.S and called me so arranged pickup again.

i cant keep what doesnt belong to me so had to give it back also W.O.S seem very friendly,

RuberDuck
15th December, 2011, 03:46 PM
W.O.S sent me someone elses order today, a Vu Uno with Motorised package and signal meter , some lnb etc,?470 odd worth

had my name and tracking from when i bought the VU duo few days earlier,

emailed W.O.S and called me so arranged pickup again.

i cant keep what doesnt belong to me so had to give it back also W.O.S seem very friendly,

thats really very decent of you mate, probably the courier company again they did a similar thing a few weeks back.

and yeah he's a really good bloke, very friendly and helpful and if you do rite by him he will do rite by you.

lombard
15th December, 2011, 03:59 PM
thats really very decent of you mate, probably the courier company again they did a similar thing a few weeks back.

and yeah he's a really good bloke, very friendly and helpful and if you do rite by him he will do rite by you.

Hi, just aint got it in me to do things like that, even if i wanted to, did say will sort me out next time if i ordered

dell_xps
15th December, 2011, 05:15 PM
Been e-mailing Stef back and forth today, top bloke, rapid response and very helpful !!

eattheliving
17th December, 2011, 09:21 PM
box arrived.gonna be setting up tomoz.....yippee

lombard
17th December, 2011, 09:32 PM
box arrived.gonna be setting up tomoz.....yippee

thats great if you set up dreambox before will be easy, i got mine up and running in about 30mins inc installing hard drive,

I recommend using the Vix 2.3 image and install TSpanel :joyman:

eattheliving
18th December, 2011, 09:49 AM
thats great if you set up dreambox before will be easy, i got mine up and running in about 30mins inc installing hard drive,

cheers mate. HDD and vix image installed by WOS. so should be a breeze to get up n running. Hardest thing will be doing the cabling from the dish again....... and it's bloody cold this morning. happy days:party:

showboat
19th December, 2011, 12:02 PM
Hi guys, just wanted to ask a question in relation the the EPG.
If it is 5pm and i look at the EPG and see spanish football at 10pm, how do i find out more info about the match and who is playing? If i had a sky box i could press info and it would give me more info, but can't seem to do it. I must be doing a noob thing as i'm sure the info is there somewhere!

RuberDuck
19th December, 2011, 01:07 PM
on my duo using vix and cross epg.

press guide to bring up the graphical epg then navigate to the show you want and press guide again to see more info on that show.

eattheliving
20th December, 2011, 11:15 PM

lombard: got box up and running and going really well but where is the d/load or plugin for tspanel and what does it do matey?

:party:

RuberDuck
20th December, 2011, 11:33 PM
lombard: got box up and running and going really well but where is the d/load or plugin for tspanel and what does it do matey?

TS panel is just a collection of skins and plugins etc put together in a single panel. but be careful what you download from the panel as it can easily lead to a full on bootloop if you download something the box does not like. make sure you do a image backup first. the panel it self can be found in the dreambox plugins section of this site.

lombard
20th December, 2011, 11:55 PM

it comes in handy for installing the cams:o, make sure goto section of image ur using to get cams for, tspanel will have cams for any image you install, make sure you get cam thats for installed image and great plugin contains alot of stuff

eattheliving
21st December, 2011, 08:53 AM
it comes in handy for installing the cams:o, make sure goto section of image ur using to get cams for, tspanel will have cams for any image you install, make sure you get cam thats for installed image and great plugin contains alot of stuff

thaks mate.