PDA

View Full Version : Dodge / Mercedes Sprinter 2006 ABS from donor

randewoo
1st December, 2011, 08:31 AM
Hello all,
I got a 2006 Dodge Sprinter 3500 with missing ABS module.
Went to stealer, they asked $1,600 for new one and said that I can not use module with the same part# from donor vehicle because it was programmed by VIN# and it's not possible to reprogram it to different VIN# after.
Is there any solution for this problem? What will happen if I'll put donor module to my van? ABS light "on" or what?
Now speedo does not work - that's the main problem.
Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

smalliron
1st December, 2011, 09:42 AM
Hello all,
I got a 2006 Dodge Sprinter 3500 with missing ABS module.
Went to stealer, they asked $1,600 for new one and said that I can not use module with the same part# from donor vehicle because it was programmed by VIN# and it's not possible to reprogram it to different VIN# after.
Is there any solution for this problem? What will happen if I'll put donor module to my van? ABS light "on" or what?
Now speedo does not work - that's the main problem.
Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Never had to change ABS on that car.I don't know if only the VIN is enough to adapt a donor ABS but with AVDI you can edit the VIN and try? if you don't have AVDI maybe someone in your area has?

mikeslocks
19th June, 2012, 02:28 AM
On the cars you can use a resistor to bypass it but air bags will never deploy (will not put that public). If anyone has a good dump Im sure we will figure it out.