PDA

View Full Version : Dead Max V

MickTheFin
4th January, 2009, 01:28 PM
Hi.

I've been given a dead Eurovox Max V.

When I first got it, it was completely dead. However, after replacing C14 on the power supply, the standby light comes on. That's all it does now though - nothing happens no matter what buttons I press...

Can anyone tell me where I should be looking to try to get this box working again?

Thanks,
M.

MickTheFin
4th January, 2009, 02:07 PM
I've just swapped the power supply with one from a working box and the problem remains, so I guess the PSU is working now...

M.

thegoat
4th January, 2009, 03:14 PM
Have you tried flashing new firmware to the box?

If you cant connect to the box try unplugging the box just after you press download, ive had 3 stuck on standby and this worked a treat.

MickTheFin
4th January, 2009, 03:53 PM
Thanks for the suggestion - I'll give it a go later.

However, I've found another problem with the power supply. I know the box doesn't work, even with a known working PSU, but R23 on the original PSU is rather black and burnt. I guess I should replace that too - Does anyone know what value it is (The colour codes are completely burnt off, so I can't read the originals value).

Thanks,
M.

markh29
4th January, 2009, 10:06 PM
Same as R7 R8 and R22 if you can see them colours

i think its Brown-Black-Black-Gold

hope that helps

M

markh29
4th January, 2009, 10:07 PM
Same as R7 R8 and R22 if you can see them colours

i think its Brown-Black-Black-Gold

hope that helps

M

ps it may need to be jtagged

MickTheFin
6th January, 2009, 08:50 PM
Thanks for the info. I'm now 100% certain the PSU is working properly. It runs my working Max V without problem.

However, The non-functional box still has issues. When I plug the power lead in, 9 times out of 10 absolutely nothing happens. 1 time in 10, the standby light comes on, but nothing else.

I know the box might need jtaging, but even so, wouldn't the standby light still come?

Thanks,
M.

markh29
7th January, 2009, 08:09 PM
Normally yes
It can happen if the flash is corrupt but try a jtag anyway

i would

M