PDA

View Full Version : help Cummins ISBe

ramianek
1st December, 2011, 09:05 PM
:call:Hi guys.
I have a problem Cummins ISBe E4 +
writes meetings mistakes active 2973 and inactive 295
Cabling and measurement sensors might also OK.
ECM calibrated several times and meetings with the case where an error occurs.

The engine is turned off and the measured values are constantly changing pressure in the intake manifold pressure and the fuel pressure
Yet when the engine is turned off must be the pressure in the suction pipe not be 0 and 55 kPa?
Can be defects caused by faulty ECM?
Or what it still can be?

thanks.

Sorry Google Translate.

jctech
1st December, 2011, 11:48 PM

The engine is turned off and the measured values are constantly changing pressure in the intake manifold pressure and the fuel pressure
Yet when the engine is turned off must be the pressure in the suction pipe not be 0 and 55 kPa?
Or what it still can be?

thanks.

Sorry Google Translate.

Check the ambient air pressure sensor (barometric pressure sensor), the ECM uses this sensor as the baseline for all the other pressure sensors.
Unplug the ambient air presure sensor and see if the presure readings on the other sensors becomes stable close to correct.
Disconnect the intake manifold temperature/pressure sensor, see if the pressure readings on the other sensors becomes stable and correct.
Use a multimeter to test the ambient air presure sensor and the intake manifold temperature/pressure sensor, without the (harness connected).
Check for bent or damaged pins in the ECM and the ambient air pressure sensor and the intake temperature/pressure sensor.

jctech
1st December, 2011, 11:56 PM
Here is the troubleshooting information for FC 2973

ramianek
2nd December, 2011, 08:59 PM
Thank you.
Everything had been done three times.
Wire and sensor measurement and whether everything is OK.
Car rides need to be 14 days without problems, then the error value and are puzzled

renesis
8th December, 2011, 04:25 AM
We have similar problems here as well, same engine.
FC 2973, but no effect on performance. Cummins dealer could not find any fault with it as well.

Thecell
1st January, 2012, 08:40 PM

Or what it still can be?

thanks.

Sorry Google Translate.

ramianek,

We had same problem with ISB...we had 400 and only half had the problem. We fixed it with an in line capacitance filter on the power to the ECM. I will try and upload photos or diagram. It solved it instantly. We checked this by using a Scope to read the noise on the power line before and after...after we put the filter in, the noise went away. Hope this translates well in Google.

Thecell
1st January, 2012, 09:10 PM
Ramianek,

It was a zener diode and capacitor to make an LC circuit. the capacitor was a 40 volt 4700uf and I am still looking for the Zener specs. I believe it was a 18 volt for the 12 volt systems and 28 volt for the 24 volt systems.

Which voltage is your truck, sorry, I forgot to ask.

renesis
3rd January, 2012, 12:04 PM
Hi TheCell, thanks for your information. I will try it out someday.
Can we have a schematic of your patch for this? 24V system... thank you very much.