PDA

View Full Version : passat b6 strange error

antmar
2nd December, 2011, 12:18 AM
hello! I have this vw passat year 2006 1.9 tdi engine code BXE? I've scan the car with vcds and i've got only two errors
camshaft position sensor
17026/P0642/001602 - Sensor Reference Voltage A: Circuit: Low
The car goes fine for about 1km then goes to limp mode. I have checked the alternator even unpluged it and still the same thing. I have also unpluged the camshaft sensor, flow meter, throtle flap the one next to the
egr. I have changed the ecu and still the same thing. I've also checked the wires and plugs that goes to the ecu. Can anyone point me into the right direction. ?
Regards Antmar !

oldford
2nd December, 2011, 08:46 AM
The sensor reference voltage is a 5 volt feed.
The 5 volt is made inside the ecu and is used as a voltage supply for various sensors. When there's a short circuit (either in wiring or inside a sensor) the voltage drops as the ecu can only supply a limited amount.
See: 17026/P0642/001602 - Ross-Tech Wiki (http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/17026/P0642/001602)

antmar
2nd December, 2011, 10:30 AM
Could be a ground point?

markovojvodic
2nd December, 2011, 10:33 AM
Have you checked - do you have 5V on sensor while car running ?

all the fuses on E box are ok ?

VwFan1
4th April, 2019, 12:48 PM
hello! I have this vw passat year 2006 1.9 tdi engine code BXE? I've scan the car with vcds and i've got only two errors
camshaft position sensor
17026/P0642/001602 - Sensor Reference Voltage A: Circuit: Low
The car goes fine for about 1km then goes to limp mode. I have checked the alternator even unpluged it and still the same thing. I have also unpluged the camshaft sensor, flow meter, throtle flap the one next to the
egr. I have changed the ecu and still the same thing. I've also checked the wires and plugs that goes to the ecu. Can anyone point me into the right direction. ?
Regards Antmar !

Hello @antmar, I have the same problem with the same car, how did you solve the problem ?

marty35
9th April, 2019, 11:41 PM
there is a problem with the cam sensor harness from ecu to cam sensor plug it suffers with interference inside the main loom .. vw do a repair loom for this .. or you could make one with thicker wires .... hope this helps

VwFan1
16th April, 2019, 03:00 PM
there is a problem with the cam sensor harness from ecu to cam sensor plug it suffers with interference inside the main loom .. vw do a repair loom for this .. or you could make one with thicker wires .... hope this helps

I changed the cables from ecu to camshaft sensor and the problem is still repoduce.

opflorin
3rd May, 2019, 11:59 PM
17026/P0642/001602 - Sensor Reference Voltage A: Circuit: Low it means that a voltage supply pin from ecu is reporting low voltage. Check AC and temperature sensors. As for the camshaft error if the error comes with a no signal explanation then you have to check the following: camshaft sensor, wire integrity from ecu pin out to sensor, ecu. Usually 1.9TDI have a bad habit to take water into PCB (electronic board) so check the connection cables to ECU as well... might be a bad PCM as well...