PDA

View Full Version : htc desire

gordy230
3rd December, 2011, 08:28 PM
hi there i was in 02 shop enquiring about my htc the guy fixed the prob then said buy the way there are updates there to be done but he didnt tell me how to do or find out how to do this could someone on here know im new to this

cunny
3rd December, 2011, 08:33 PM
What type of updates? Connect your phone to pc and instal relevent software for htc and will tell you if any andriod updates avail for your handset

gordy230
3rd December, 2011, 08:37 PM
hi thanks for that he didnt say i didnt want to look daft why i didnt ask

cunny
3rd December, 2011, 08:53 PM
Just connect it to pc and run the software that's relevebt to htc handsets. I'm not sure what it is. But it will tell you if firnware updates are avail. App updates usually appear from market so I'd imagine he meant firmware

Canker_Canison
5th December, 2011, 01:09 PM
If it is firmware updates you can manually update to 2.3 Gingerbread. I would get the phone unlocked first just to be safe, but it is an official release.

desire 2.3 update (http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/how-to-update-your-htc-desire-to-android-2-3-986502)

Other than that I'd suspect he was referring to the app updates that should show up in the top menu bar.

try starting the market app & select 'my apps'. It will show you any apps that have updates waiting.