PDA

View Full Version : Help with PD Economy tune

J_amb_o
5th December, 2011, 03:57 PM
Hi Gentlemen,

I've attached a tune I've done for a friend running a Skoda Superb 105PD. His main complaint is the car is 15% worse on fuel than his Mk1 Superb VP 90. Only maps changed are torque limiter, smoke adjusted to suit, slightly more boost, and BOI. Economy has improved a little, maybe 3-4&. Any suggestions as to where I could go from here? Perhaps increase SOI at low IQ and RPM a little more?

J

Morette
5th December, 2011, 04:12 PM
Cheat?

Increase injection duration, free fuel!

edited- ignore that, not reading!

filecloud
5th December, 2011, 05:30 PM
Hi Gentlemen,

I've attached a tune I've done for a friend running a Skoda Superb 105PD. His main complaint is the car is 15% worse on fuel than his Mk1 Superb VP 90. Only maps changed are torque limiter, smoke adjusted to suit, slightly more boost, and BOI. Economy has improved a little, maybe 3-4&. Any suggestions as to where I could go from here? Perhaps increase SOI at low IQ and RPM a little more?

J

Hello
Power comes from fuel. Directly related, especially on diesels. The 105hp has 15% more power so it may take 15% more fuel. The friend seems to drive full throttle all time.
Cut his power down to 90hp and he may consume 15% less again.
:-)
greetings,
filecloud

J_amb_o
5th December, 2011, 05:35 PM
Hi guys,

I should note that this guy drives very economically, he is very gentle on the pedal, never ever full throttle!

filecloud
5th December, 2011, 05:42 PM
Hi guys,

I should note that this guy drives very economically, he is very gentle on the pedal, never ever full throttle!
Ask your friend again what car he was driving first. The superb was never sold with a 90hp VP engine. ;-)

edc
5th December, 2011, 06:17 PM
PD engines will always burn more fuel than old VP-37 TDI engines so tell your friend to get used to it ...

alfy
5th December, 2011, 07:55 PM
PD engines will always burn more fuel than old VP-37 TDI engines so tell your friend to get used to it ...

100% true!

CBR_bl
5th December, 2011, 08:07 PM
PD engines sucks.
I have two Passats, black one 99 AFN -5.5 liter, blue one AWF automatic 11liter.gvtzn
Yellow lamp is always on