PDA

View Full Version : Website Testers and feedback needed (good Fun)

HoTTDubbER
5th December, 2011, 05:47 PM
Hi Guys

The past few months i have been working on a new project. Some of you allready know and use virtualseason.net , but in my spare time i have been putting a new masterpiece together

the site is now in a public place and doors have been opened

I am working my way though potential bugs and issues people encounter before i work on expanding the sites collection

so without any more delay i present to you Online-Console Online-Console Play Old Console and Dos Games Free Online (http://www.online-console.com)

This site is an online emulator site which means no physical downloads no configuration nothing it just works out the box by clicking the title you want to play

Now i know just like you do there has been and still is emulator websites out there except this is a little different

i have spent months with developers developing a new java based application to run existing reliable and highly compatible desktop emulators in and though the java environment

what this means is with one click of a button it will launch in popout the emulator , rom and preconfigured setting to run and work, and thats the best thing about this , it just works.

i am at the stage now where i am in need for some testers
with various operating systems , browsers , with computers running at different speeds and power. So that I can get a better idea of the compatibility of the site, games and emulators overall

the site offers 2 ways of playing most games. 1 the embedded java emulator and 2 my developed popout game launcher found as a grey button under the embedded emulator

we know the embeded emulators for the NES , Megadrive / Genesis work well across the board as some are offical releases from dev teams but feel free to test and give feed back on your experience

what were mainly looking at here is the N64 , megadrive and snes popout emulator which again is the grey button under the embeded option

also its import for us to know how smooth the larger dos games run for you GTA , Mortal Kombat street fighter championship manager etc

**Please be aware the the popout game launcher will only work with windows at the moment and there is plans to port it to mac and linux**

** IMPORTANT **
I am specifically looking at the moment for people with the slowest oldest pcs as possible and how it works for them
especially in the case of the ms-dos games like GTA and GTA LONDON can you run this game smooth?

How about the embedded snes emulator how smooth is that for you on your setup?
then try clicking the popout game launcher for snes and compare

the problem is all i have it high end 64bit 6 core processors with high ram to test these on which all run fine for me
its the people with older mid to low range machines that i really need to know how far i can go with this in terms of running speed and user experience

if you do run into problems please try and include the browser you use the operating system your using such as XP, Vista ,windows 7
and if you know the processor speed Graphics card and ram your pc has

I hope some of you get the time to look and leave feedback and enjoy it as much as i have developing it

Good luck and happy gaming guys look forward to your feedback good or bad

Online-Console Play Old Console and Dos Games Free Online (http://www.online-console.com)

smirnoff_rules
5th December, 2011, 08:16 PM
wow wot a great site m8 .. it takes me back .. the kids have been on it for hours lol .. its like a cheap xmas present

mr.mojorisin
5th December, 2011, 08:40 PM
at first glance....brilliant

HoTTDubbER
6th December, 2011, 09:05 PM
bit of an update guys

we now have psx games !! yes thats right you can play playstation 1 games with 1 click of a button (windows only!)

hows it work for you

only 2 games at the moment Tekken 1 and Diehard trilogy

enjoy

http://online-console.com/index.php?action=browse&cat=9

Fitbafanatic
1st February, 2012, 07:40 PM
Looks cool man, just signed up and had a bash at the auld championship manager, i used to spend days on that man. Some quality stuff there.

Just noticed flashback, jesus what a game

Bann32
6th February, 2012, 12:45 AM
Ive had a quick go on a couple of games, ive spent a good few hours today trying to find half decent games for my forum.

From the games I played all was fine apart from Sonic 2 Mega Drive couldn't move forward.

Mortal Kombat 1 for DOS started but I couldn't make the game start.

It could be my keyboard it has a wierd layout and I didn't know if you wanted specifics?

On another note, I have quite a few roms on different formats, if you want I could put you a list together see if you want any?

Good Luck with the final stages of your project :)