PDA

View Full Version : Watch for this one

Mjolinor
6th December, 2011, 01:29 PM
Playing Sudoku free and sometimes cause I am old and pathetic with fat fingers I touch the pop up ads on the bottom of the screen. Did this 2 days ago in the middle of a game so I just clicked ok, cancel, whatever to get back to my Sudoku like I usually do.

It installed a battery manager application and then sent a SMS with "Tech" in the body to 60255, it disabled my incoming SMS noise and I received a text back saying thanks for subscribing, you are being charged ?2 per month until I send stop to them. Took me 2 days to spot that as I only use the phone for playing Sudoku anyway, no one ever rings me because I am a sad old man.

How can this even be legal FFS, well annoyed me. Women at the vodafone shop had her ears burned off by me shouting :) (wasn't her fault but I am a grumpy old man)

Anyway, just watch out for it. If they catch you then

0800 098 8508 and whinge like the devil, they will refund you through Paypal or support@mynewsalertssit.com
http://mynewsalertssite.com/

Shady
7th December, 2011, 12:59 PM
i never ever click on ANYTHING, but if someone like you can get caught out, we all can..
sound advice mj :)

jonder
7th December, 2011, 09:30 PM
I've just installed a battery manager which was recommended by Orange. Suspicious of it now so I'll delete it so I'm not caught out. Thanks for the info.