PDA

View Full Version : Eurovox Max V - Code updating message

nesty
4th January, 2009, 10:24 PM
Hi All

This is my first post. Had my Eurovox since last May. I loaded April 2008 firmware on & had no problems until recently. I just can't get any channels now.

Some say on other sites, I need new keys. I have put in the new keys, but still get the message; code updating. Does it take 20 mins or should it be instant from putting in the new code?

As I haven't uploaded the firmware since April. Is there a new batch that I require. I looked on this site, looks like there is a batch for 3/12/08 for the MAX V. Though I don't have permisson to download.

Any help appreciated.

Besty

HiTeck
4th January, 2009, 10:36 PM
You will have to flash it mate, Updated firmware available in here > http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f71/eurovox-receivers-firmware-9787/

nesty
4th January, 2009, 10:42 PM
Cheers many thanks. I'll give that a go.

nesty
10th January, 2009, 05:33 PM
Just flashed my Max V.

The downloaded appeared as per text book as in the firmware stickie with no err codes. However when I plug it into the TV I still get code updating?

I'll give it another try, but do I have to wait so many minutes for the code to update or should it be instant?

Also when I went into system settings. It still had April 2008, Ie date of my 1st flash I did). Does this sound the 5/12/08 firmware isn't taking? Should this date change with each flash?

HiTeck
10th January, 2009, 06:05 PM
The date in system info for Max V doesn't change this time around.

Leave it on a channel such as ss1 for 5 mins if it doesn't update try ss2 and wait again.

If after a while it's no getting anywhere go to Menu, press OK on language settings, type 1968 and again 1968, pull left until you see all the providers and codes, press the yellow button for it to default then exit back to TV channels and wait for it to update again.

nesty
10th January, 2009, 06:09 PM
ok cheers I'll try this

HiTeck
10th January, 2009, 06:14 PM
To add, Make sure emulation is set to enable.

Menu, OK 1968 a new column will appear at the bottom named Emulation, Make sure it reads enable at the side, if it doesn't pull down until it's highlighted, press OK highlight option 2 press OK then save and exit.

nesty
10th January, 2009, 07:55 PM
Cheers many thanks up & running again. Took about 10 mins for it to kick in, but all channels back again!

manny420
25th August, 2009, 11:46 AM
i have the same prob, need to update firmware but do not have permission to download it. Please help!

badapple
25th August, 2009, 11:59 AM
i have the same prob, need to update firmware but do not have permission to download it. Please help!

After posting, u have to wait about 15 min. for the server to update, then u can download.

manny420
25th August, 2009, 12:36 PM
tried downloading but downloads a rar file from rapidshare cannot get the file to run pleases help!!!

badapple
25th August, 2009, 12:43 PM
tried downloading but downloads a rar file from rapidshare cannot get the file to run pleases help!!!

You need to install WINRAR for it to run.
google it m8.

talk2me2much
6th December, 2009, 07:29 PM
Hello.

I have downloaded the software. For black BOx MaxV.

When I hit the Download button, it says System Reset. This message stays for ever.

I have tried eveything.

Can anyone help?:thumpdown:

badapple
6th December, 2009, 10:39 PM
Hello.

I have downloaded the software. For black BOx MaxV.

When I hit the Download button, it says System Reset. This message stays for ever.

I have tried eveything.

Can anyone help?:thumpdown:

Hi m8, when this message come, turn power to box off and then on and it should then start to load.

hero203
7th December, 2009, 05:06 PM
Hi guys new here i don’t know if it’s because the service is down in my area or the n3 thing but for a week now the box been down hopefully downloading the new firmware will sort things out if not then will try and find new codes.

talk2me2much
8th December, 2009, 06:51 PM
while installing Firmware I reset the power. and it worked. though I never saw any activity on progress bar. It just says download succesfull within couple of seconds.

Tried connected to cable. It scanned all the channels but it says 'Please wait, code being updated...'

What shall I do?

smoggy
8th December, 2009, 07:08 PM
have a look in system information and report back every thing it says

talk2me2much
8th December, 2009, 11:53 PM
i have tried scanning all the channels again,, but it gone. Its showinh me PEAA on display. box is reboting itself while serching.
:afraid:

badapple
9th December, 2009, 12:02 AM
i have tried scanning all the channels again,, but it gone. Its showinh me PEAA on display. box is reboting itself while serching.
:afraid:

That means the box is gone into protection/safe mode. You will have to return to supplier for repair.