PDA

View Full Version : VU+ solo cccam problem

steevs28
7th December, 2011, 10:42 AM
Hi all

I have a vu+ solo, I bought it with vix image installed and cccam installed, I put my cfg file in the etc folder and all was fine but now my channels have stopped working, I have checked the cfg file and its still there and all is correct as it works fine on a different box.

Anybody know what the problem can be, all my fta channels work fine so think the problem is with cccam

Hope somebody can help

Thanks
Steve

wilf
7th December, 2011, 11:16 AM
make sure you rebooted and or restarted cam as sometimes you need to do this in order for any changes to take place

ekkostar
7th December, 2011, 11:56 AM
Go to network settings on the box and do a test connection and make sure all is ok.

Sometimes the box diasbles the LAN adaptor or can't get an IP address. You'll see from the test results if there are any problems.

A hard reboot, or mains unplug usually does the trick, other times you may have to re-flash image.

HTH

steevs28
7th December, 2011, 12:06 PM
checked all lan settings and its all fine, have also rebooted and pulled the plug but still nothing :(

does this mean I need to reflash? if so can somebody point me in the direction of the image I need and a good guide if poss

appreciate the help

ekkostar
7th December, 2011, 12:18 PM
Have you tried re-starting the Cam and checked it is enabled ?

Perhaps uninstall cam and re-install ?

ekkostar
7th December, 2011, 12:23 PM
If you have to reflash image and you want to stick with VIX

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f188/vix-team-vu-solo-image-v2-3-19-11-2011-a-239792/

You'll have to re-install CCCAM as well.

Copy image file to USB, power off VU, insert USB and switch on box, box should do the rest.

All the best

steevs28
9th December, 2011, 10:28 AM
have tried installing vix 2.3 and also dremabox uk image but still cant get my channels to clear.

cccam 2.2.1 is installed and I have enabled start up but on both images when I go into cccam setting the name of my server has a red dot by it instead of green.

I have my CCcam.cfg file in etc folder as I should so have no idea what the problem could be.

I have also tried my cline on a different box without problem to eliminate the possibility that my server could be the problem

wilf
9th December, 2011, 11:46 AM
if its a red light then it saying server offline, if you are saying that the line works elsewhere then the box sounds as though is not connected to the internet, try a different ethernet cable or homeplug or whatever your using.

steevs28
9th December, 2011, 02:21 PM
i'll try a different ethernet cable tonight, I did check the internet settings though and all seems fine

Im really confused :y:

davexb
29th April, 2012, 02:39 PM
did you get this resolved i the end steve?

mdt
29th April, 2012, 03:47 PM
did you get this resolved i the end steve?

are you having similar problems??? regards mdt

cactikid
29th April, 2012, 05:14 PM
on my solo it stops on some channels,i go to blue button and select the cam manager making sure only one is active and i reselect it to restart the cam,on mine its the mg i use.i think it may be the latest firmware and kernel that has the bugs .

mohessam
25th October, 2012, 03:57 PM
are you having similar problems??? regards mdt
I have got the same problem, the clines are working in other receivers, while in the Vu+ Solo it does not work with CCCam 2.3 and latest Vix image.
I have tried everything, sometimes it suddenly works, and then after a day or two it stops, and so on.

I have noticed, that with the same setting, and image and CCcam, the N-lines are working properly, the server is newcamd!!!!
So, the problem is with the c-lines only, which has got cccam server.
What to do please?

killerman69
6th November, 2012, 12:39 PM
are usb powered hard drives not as good as a mains powered hard drive then?