PDA

View Full Version : pop ups

yorkslad
2nd May, 2008, 09:46 AM
hi any one got any ideas? ive got norton internet security and ad-aware 2007 on the p.c, every thing has been fine for months, but now ive started getting these ads pop up on the screen some for ~~~~ tube and other things like dating sites e.c.t.....
my kids go on the p.c all the time and its not nice with ~~~~ sites poping up. any ideas how to get ride of them,

smirnoff_rules
2nd May, 2008, 09:57 AM
if u have the norton disc u can boot from that and do a scan from memory first ..

caveman_nige
2nd May, 2008, 12:54 PM
I use a combination of things to clear up my mucky machines....:

Adaware
Spybot S&D
SpywareBlaster
AVG AV
AVG antispyware
Zonealarm

Its not that I am paranoid or anything, i know somebody keeps breaking into my house, moving all the furniture around and then putting it back exactly where it was before managing to get out and lock the doors as i did....... but i do haaaaaate ads on my PCs so use all these (which are free) as you cannot trust one to stop all, and it seems to work mate...

yorkslad
2nd May, 2008, 07:26 PM
thanks lads i will give them a go,

jiggy
3rd May, 2008, 12:24 AM
Are you running xp ? if adaware didnt work you should try a system restore next. Did you see what the tack rating was on adaware if its high your in trouble and it might be easier reinstalling windows.
p.s. spyware blaster its the dogs and stops all that crap getting in i have it my pc and recommend it to all my friends.

TravelHead
3rd May, 2008, 04:13 AM
download
avg antispyware
superantispyware
Spybot S&D
the trial versions are fine for one off usage.
Do a full scan with each, only have one real time active at a time
Update your antivirus, do a fullscan

In future consider using a sandbox like sandboxie for online browsing

Bulld0g
3rd May, 2008, 07:23 AM
Why not put net nanny or something similar on m8.Then the kids can surf and you'll have peace of mind.

biffo1
3rd May, 2008, 10:11 AM
To b honest mate id get rid of Norton altogether , takes over ur pc , slows it down , and id use either Avast Pro , which will stop any popups u have , Nod32, Bit Defender either of those are much friendley on your system resourses
if u want any of the above ppm me mate
ill sort u out
all the best biffo

yorkslad
3rd May, 2008, 09:34 PM
hi , thanks to every one 4 helping out, ive put Spybot S&D on and i think its sorted it out for now. but if it comes back i will let you know and get some of the things of you. thanks again from yorkslad