PDA

View Full Version : @ thommo

C64
2nd May, 2008, 11:17 AM
Looks like you've recently lost someone special mate :(

She looks like she was a wee cracker :)

thommo
2nd May, 2008, 11:29 AM
aye im still upset about it, she was a rescued dog so didnt have a good life before we got her but had the best life once we did get her. timid little thing but we got her out of her shell, she was like a different dog.

shouldnt have happened to a dog like that but it did and i had to watch her go from a barrel of a dog to a skinny puppy looking thing, eventually it took her.
she should have had 7+ more years in her if this hadnt happened,

tried all we could and spent a grand at the vets but its a rare thing and there was no cure for it.

only just coming to terms without her here and im still not too keen on talking about it.

i will and do miss her as soppy as that may sound but i dont care.

C64
2nd May, 2008, 11:43 AM
What happened to her mate, if you don't mind me asking?

Dreamer
2nd May, 2008, 11:43 AM
I think a lot of folk don't realise that it is not just a dog but a member of your family. These things take time but it will get better. I'm sorry for your loss.

Jaffa
2nd May, 2008, 11:46 AM
Sorry to hear that thommo.

thommo
2nd May, 2008, 11:49 AM
What happened to her mate, if you don't mind me asking?

dont really wan t to talk about it mate, but it was something where the body wouldnt take what it needed from food..plasma..proteins ect....

she was still her little self right to the end personality wise just her body that let her down.

---------------------------------------------------

thanks to everyone else too.

allycoops
2nd May, 2008, 01:44 PM
noticed youre avvy and sig the other day thommo, but didnt want to mention it.

Im really sorry that you lost her mate.

thommo
2nd May, 2008, 02:48 PM
yeah i had to retire the old avvy,

ive sent a deposit off to one of the best portrait tattoo artists in the country (so im told), going to have her little face perm inked onto my skin.. have to wait a few months mind as he,s well booked in advance.

charlie senator
8th May, 2008, 10:25 PM
Thommo ive just seen this and i'm gutted mate .I know just how you feel as i was scared s**tless i was going to lose Max. Thankfully he's made a 100% recovery now.My wife started sniffling when i told her what had happened just now and our best wishes go out to you and your family mate.Sorry to bring this up again but couldn't let it go without voicing my sorrow for your loss mate
charlie

thommo
8th May, 2008, 10:32 PM
thanks charlie, its one day at a time but things are getting easier. still miss its little face on a morning tho.

charlie senator
8th May, 2008, 10:43 PM
aye im still upset about it, she was a rescued dog so didnt have a good life before we got her but had the best life once we did get her. timid little thing but we got her out of her shell, she was like a different dog.

shouldnt have happened to a dog like that but it did and i had to watch her go from a barrel of a dog to a skinny puppy looking thing, eventually it took her.
she should have had 7+ more years in her if this hadnt happened,

tried all we could and spent a grand at the vets but its a rare thing and there was no cure for it.

i will and do miss her as soppy as that may sound but i dont care.

only just coming to terms without her here and im still not too keen on talking about it.
I tried to read your post out to my wife mate and i couldn't get through it my voice was breaking and my wife was crying.To some of you reading this you will be saying "get a grip man" but unless you've had a dog you will never understand the bond between it and its owner . Max,and Thommo's dog would follow us to our death if they had to.If you need anything or just want to talk mate let me know

thommo
8th May, 2008, 10:51 PM
well the house was too quite so we went to get another dog, little pup looksjust like her down to near identical markings, it cant replace her but it has made it easier to take.

we left it a week and at first i thought it was too soon for another but after we saw it we had to have it, im glad we did as it helped the other half as well who had taken the loss quite bad.

a few pics here of the one we lost and the new pup.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/album.php?albumid=1

charlie senator
8th May, 2008, 11:04 PM
The pups a little cracker Thommo .how old is he/she ? got to go through all the chewing stage now lol.Max ate my carpets !! i used to get up every morning to find the dining room carpet in a big heap in the middle of the room.Now we've got ceramic tiles and wooden floors downstairs lol

thommo
8th May, 2008, 11:14 PM
9 weeks, it going quite well, the 13yr old we have was a bugger for chewing when we got her but this one seems to be more into attacking the toys thenthe furniture, hopefully that will last. house training is going well too it a smart little thing and is picking everything up fast. we,ve had it a week and it grown so fast too.

speaking of the 13yr old that had to go to the vets today, same vets not a trip i wanted to make but she had an abcess so needed to go, 70 quid not bad you might say but add the 400 plus bill i got today when she had to go under for an op,

13yrs has taken it toll on the old munchers and she needed 6 teeth out, all at the top and all at the back. the rest where scaled and cleaned. monies not an issue when it comes down to them, whatever it costs.

she's back home safe and sound i was worried as shes 13 and older dogs have a harder time coming round when they need to be put under.

hopefully afer the second lot of jabs for the pup my bank manager can sign with relief.

new pups insured so no worries for that one but insurers dont want to take a 13yr old dog on.

just wish i had a spare 400 for my teeth scaling and polishing lol.

ice2004
10th May, 2008, 04:17 PM
Sorry m8 i just saw this post now, not getting a chance to come on much with uni. Really sorry to hear about your dog, i know how you feel mine got put down last year.

They are part of the family, theyre the only ones who always greet you at the door and are always happy to see you. Its just like having a wee kid coz your the first one they run to when theyre scared or hurt!

New pup looks a cracker too, im seriously gonna have to think about persuading the parents to get another dog now :)

berley
15th May, 2008, 01:25 AM
awww thommo soz this is a lil bit late in the day but so sorry to hear bout your sad loss

speaking from experiance and the benefit of knowing you've now got another puppy id say you've definately done the right thing

you need to be a dog lover/owner to truly appreciate the impact an animal has on your life, we had a little jack russell before we had any of the children (btw thats going back a few years i can tell you lol) anyway to cut a long story short he got knocked down with a car and i swore blind id never go through the heartache of losing a pet ever again

6 weeks later i just soooo missed a lil dog running up to me wagging its tail, running, fetching, jumping and in general annoying me ;)

so we got another pup, unlike yourself i didn't want one that resembled the one we lost so we got a springer spaniel, and in turn bred her and kept one of her puppies, sadly we had to get mummy dog put to sleep last aug but we still have daughter pup and she's never learned to grow up, she missed her mum so much as she had never been apart from her for 11 years, so although she's no spring chicken, she gets treated like a baby now more than she's ever been

anyway once again soz for the late post but nice to see you being able to talk with fondness about your beloved pet that you lost :)