PDA

View Full Version : Vu release Limited Edition Duo.

dell_xps
11th December, 2011, 10:17 AM
Vu+ Duo Limited Edition (http://www2.vuplus.com/14-vuplus-articles/98-vu-duo-limited-edition)

RuberDuck
11th December, 2011, 10:22 AM
nice looking receiver, shame about the limited number of units to be made, but hey i rather like the look of my Duo so i'm happy to stick with it.

especially as i didn't pay for it LOL

dell_xps
11th December, 2011, 10:43 AM
You swine :-)

RuberDuck
11th December, 2011, 10:47 AM
hahaha. andy gave it to me as he had another already and could not be bothered to mess about with ebay.

got to admit ive only had it about 10 days as opposed to the 8 months ive had the Uno and i'm very impressed with it. although i do miss the blindscan that i have with the uno.

for example on the Duo it takes about 20 minutes to do a full scan of 28.2 east, on the uno with blindscan thats a little less than 5 minutes to do a whole blindscan of 28.2 east.

dell_xps
11th December, 2011, 11:14 AM
Duo rocks you have to admit it :-)

RuberDuck
11th December, 2011, 11:24 AM
Duo rocks you have to admit it :-)

it's a fantastic machine mate and i am willing to say loud and proud that it pisses all over any of dreams offerings and their cloned counterparts.

cactikid
11th December, 2011, 12:57 PM
strange you left the most important info out,is the vu much easier to flash than the dreams as when a newbie starts into his/her first steps into the unknown.

wonder what price tag was on the vu le ?probably sold out already.

RuberDuck
11th December, 2011, 01:02 PM
strange you left the most important info out,is the vu much easier to flash than the dreams as when a newbie starts into his/her first steps into the unknown.

indeed it is, it's very very easy for a newbie to flash a Vu as you know.

just place the image folder on a formatted USB stick and reboot the box with the stick in the box, then whalla 3 or 4 minutes later it's done. although i prefer it on the Uno as with that you have to press a button on the box at bootup for the box to read the usb and flash it. meaning you can keep a image on there at all times ready to flash in a instant. unlike the Duo where you must delete the image from the stick otherwise as soon as you reboot with the stick in it will re-flash again.

lincsat
11th December, 2011, 02:42 PM
Sometimes people forget to leave the flash files in the folders and just put them in the root of the USB, but when they get it right - it's very easy to flash :)

tomhick024
29th December, 2011, 10:59 PM
hahaha. andy gave it to me as he had another already and could not be bothered to mess about with ebay.

got to admit ive only had it about 10 days as opposed to the 8 months ive had the Uno and i'm very impressed with it. although i do miss the blindscan that i have with the uno.

for example on the Duo it takes about 20 minutes to do a full scan of 28.2 east, on the uno with blindscan thats a little less than 5 minutes to do a whole blindscan of 28.2 east.

Forget about scanning on duo bud.
Download dreamset and latest transponder settings, take only 2-3 mins!!:dancing2: