PDA

View Full Version : Webasto block heaters

pbateman
12th December, 2011, 02:37 AM
Hello dk friends . Was looking around here on dk and looking for anything to do with Webasto Block Heaters for heavy duty trucks. I know there is supposed to be a software out there where your able to diagnose and trouble shoot the units and clear fault codes on them. Was wondering if anyone has ever come across this or have dealt with these units. This is our 3 yr with the units on our trucks and were starting to have issues with them and there is only like a 2 yr warranty on them. Have the manual but what I'm really looking for is the software to trouble shoot them. Any help would greatly be appreciated. Will still keep searching and post if I do find any thing to help out others that may be using the units to.:banghead:

Timppasa
12th December, 2011, 05:47 AM
Webasto Thermo Test is the software you are looking for. You can download it from the net, just try Google. Newest version is 2.13.

You need an interface for it, I have used Vag-Com KKL-cable with RS232 end, USB-version don't work. Or you can buy the official interface from Webasto.

integlikewhoa
12th December, 2011, 07:28 AM
Here you go. Don't forget the "Thanks" button!

pbateman
12th December, 2011, 12:39 PM
Thanks for the help guys appreciate the help!

dimitar22
12th December, 2011, 10:21 PM
I have heard that there is some simple procedure of reset webasto heater after repair but i don't know the procedure

dimitar22
12th December, 2011, 10:29 PM
Webasto Thermo Test is the software you are looking for. You can download it from the net, just try Google. Newest version is 2.13.

You need an interface for it, I have used Vag-Com KKL-cable with RS232 end, USB-version don't work. Or you can buy the official interface from Webasto.

Ok but as i can see this is OBD connector.

How do you work on trucks which are older and not have obd connector?

For ex volvo FH12, MAN TGA?

Or there is diagnostic socket on the webasto heater?

dimitar22
12th December, 2011, 10:34 PM

And this interface works on 12V and trucks are 24V, how did you solved this problem?

integlikewhoa
12th December, 2011, 11:07 PM

Well there might other things that work, but here's the manual from Webasto's website. It's shows pictures and what kind of connections for each vehicle.

http://www.techwebasto.com/heater_main/thermo_test/Operating_Instructions_PC_Diagnostics_V2.13.pdf

Timppasa
13th December, 2011, 05:28 AM
I have heard that there is some simple procedure of reset webasto heater after repair but i don't know the procedure

This is the procedure that I have used with some older Webasto heaters when they have been locked:

Turn heater off, remove 15A fuse, wait 10 seconds, turn heater on, insert 15A fuse, heater should start.

New Evo model cannot be unlocked this way, you must use tester to unlock it.

You must use only few pins in the OBD-socket: 4 and 5 are earth, 16 is battery plus and 7 is k-line. You must connect pin 7 to the diagnostic line of the heater which is usually pin 1 or pin 2. This works even with w-bus.

And this interface works on 12V and trucks are 24V, how did you solved this problem?

Sorry, I just realized we were talking about 24 volts, I have only worked with 12V units. I believe Webasto's own interface will work with 24V but I am really not sure...

Chokito5
13th March, 2012, 10:38 PM

My computer has not RS232 connector. I tried to use the USB Vag-com, that didn't work, but can i connect to the heater with an RS232 Vag-com cable, via USB to RS232 adapter??? :)
Or i have to buy other computer?

liviudiaconu
29th January, 2013, 01:28 PM
I see that can connect with KKL cables but:
in that .pdf write that some Webasto use K line and anothers Wbus...
For K line, i think must work KKL, but for Wbus?
Thank you

aksimo
29th January, 2013, 01:50 PM

Hallo I have vag com 409 blue china usb works good wiht Thermo Test no problem :idea:

Timppasa
29th January, 2013, 04:56 PM
I see that can connect with KKL cables but:
in that .pdf write that some Webasto use K line and anothers Wbus...
For K line, i think must work KKL, but for Wbus?
Thank you
W-bus works just as well as k-line when you use a KKL-cable, just try it! http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/images/icons/icon7.gif

liviudiaconu
31st January, 2013, 10:05 AM
www.techwebasto.com/heater_main/thermo_test/pc_diag_2_14.exe (http://www.techwebasto.com/heater_main/thermo_test/pc_diag_2_14.exe)

http://www.techwebasto.com/heater_main/thermo_test/Operating_Instructions_PC_Diagnostics_V2.14.pdf

But, here, i don't see in manual pin for diagnose for
Webasto Thermo Top Evo 5+ and i don' find the user/service manula for this heater.
If have anyone...thank you.