PDA

View Full Version : Please tuning my fiat bravo 1.6 16v

mandaxcdd
12th December, 2011, 01:27 PM
Hello !
I have a Fiat Bravo 1.6 16v from 1996 with ecu iaw1af13.I need tuning my file from original bin for more power.I try with ecm2001 but i need more power.I don't know how modify injection and advance tables.I attached the original bin from eeprom 27c512.Thank's in advance

Stanton
12th December, 2011, 02:08 PM
No body is going to be able to tune this without feedback of at least knock and AFR.

Do you really want to risk your engine using a file some expert has posted on a forum where everything is just increased by 10-22%?

mandaxcdd
12th December, 2011, 02:44 PM
yes,for 10-22% extra power is OK .Just do it.Thank's

Stanton
12th December, 2011, 03:06 PM
face/palm.

mandaxcdd
12th December, 2011, 03:11 PM
I try with ecm2001,is a little differences but i want another file with other parameters in injection tables and spark advance.Thank's a lot

oldford
12th December, 2011, 03:28 PM
20% increase in the tables does NOT mean 20% extra power. Tuning these kind of engines should be done on a rolling road with the appropiate equipment. Maybe a 5% increase in BHP can be achieved.
If you want more power save for 2.0 or better yet, a 2.0 with turbo.

mandaxcdd
12th December, 2011, 04:08 PM
thank you for your opinion but i want this engine.If anyone can modify original bin for more power with any risc is welcome.
Oldford ,20% increase in all tables?If you want please modify with your experience.Thank's in advance

oldford
13th December, 2011, 09:28 AM
I am not about to wreck my reputation as a professional tuner with a map produced in the backroom, without having the car on the rolling road to check it.
Checking the car on the rolling road is a sure method to tune a car. Without checking you will probably end up with LESS bhp than you begin with.
I do not want to blow engines nor produce maps that give less bhp, with or without consent.

mandaxcdd
13th December, 2011, 10:52 AM
Ok ,if any one want help me with instruction ? How much modify in advance and injection?Where is more important % for power?

oldford
13th December, 2011, 11:06 AM
Get the car on a rolling road. Measure bhp, fuel mixture and ignition timing. Then maybe, maybe I could be able to answer your question.

Anything is possible here. Although I suspect that the gains here will be none to very small (0 - 5 bhp).

mandaxcdd
13th December, 2011, 11:19 AM
is ok 5 bhp, but i can't measure fuel mixture,ignition timing etc.I don't have this instruments.All ai have is ecm2001 and willem prog.If you can change my map without this .Thank you for your advice!

Stanton
13th December, 2011, 11:29 AM
If you can't measure these things, how is any one else make adjustments for you???

How do we know if it's too rich or too lean under full load?? Or if the ignition is too advanced or too retarded??

Without knowing NOONE can make adjustments.

electrix
13th December, 2011, 11:50 AM
I agree with oldford. There is no way to make proper custom chiptuning via internet. I tuned ECUs of many cars (especially Fiats) stock and after mods like eg. ITB, N/A to Turbo conversion, for street, rally and other competitions, and I say You there is so many dependencies for injection and ignition that You will be not able to make good tune without any measuring of main parameters. And I not mean chiptuning like xx% up for load vs. rpm (POT) injection and ignition table. That is big s**t.

BTW. I also have Fiat Bravo 1.6 16V but with 49F ECU and I can tell You for that stock engine Your mods will be poor felt.

BR.

oem
13th December, 2011, 12:14 PM
I can make your file, but this is not free. If you want good file for your car write me on PM.

racin-snake
13th December, 2011, 12:21 PM
we dont sell here mate either its free like the bin files others have done for you or its a no go mate ...

asking for help then trying to sell ...nice guy aint ya

also i wonder if the mods have seen yer sig and advertisement there ?

oem
13th December, 2011, 12:34 PM
OK, i will make for free tonight!

mandaxcdd
13th December, 2011, 03:18 PM
Thank you all!
OEm if you want help me with a general tuning for my car please post here .Is too complicate with measure advance,afr,etc for this car .My diagnostic soket has 3 wire and no comunication with fiatscan,alfadiag,etc.With dyno test ,,,,i don't have $$$$$$.

oem
13th December, 2011, 04:19 PM
I will make safety tuning for your car. Not in maximum!

mandaxcdd
13th December, 2011, 05:26 PM
i prefered for maximum performances but is all right for safe.Thank's in advance

oem
13th December, 2011, 05:54 PM
You must charge only 100 RON fuel or minimum 98.

mandaxcdd
13th December, 2011, 06:10 PM
Thank you OEM but the pass is incorect

mandaxcdd
13th December, 2011, 07:30 PM
Your last password ,is ok
i will test now!
Thank's man!

mandaxcdd
13th December, 2011, 08:54 PM
OEM is a good guy,has send me the soft,modified and i didn't paid nothing for it.The file is ok,but i need more agresive advance.
Thank's OEM,and ADMIN please remove restriction for him.

bobolin4o
14th December, 2011, 07:29 AM
The file is ok,but i need more agresive advance.
Okay, now you have modified file, insert it into the ECM and pull up if you want more advance... Don't get lazy.

mandaxcdd
14th December, 2011, 10:33 AM
i can modified all talbes of advance with 10-20 and the injection just at 4000-6000rpm with 20-30 or more?Or just at high RPM?

bobolin4o
14th December, 2011, 10:52 AM
With as much as you want...
And remember, do it on their own responsibility!
As I see from your posts, cannot come to head with you!

antonijs
14th December, 2011, 11:07 AM
10-20 degree advance, that's a murder.... to an engine :beheaded:

dayandnight
14th December, 2011, 11:45 AM
In this marelli 20 values of spark advance is 10 deg, but is it to much. How much advance have in file from OEM?

Stanton
14th December, 2011, 12:32 PM
Youre never going to know if anything is too much unless you are monitoring torque and knock.

mandaxcdd
14th December, 2011, 01:51 PM
I don't know how much advance have in file from OEM may be 4 units in advance table

dayandnight
14th December, 2011, 02:05 PM
Youre never going to know if anything is too much unless you are monitoring torque and knock.

I think that increase by 10 deg. is to much for every engine with high compression ratio :)

mandaxcdd
14th December, 2011, 02:37 PM
ok how much is ok for the best performance?Give me an example for tables injection and advance for marelli,and i modified now with ecm2001. 10 deg is too much ,4 deg is too slow

oldford
14th December, 2011, 04:05 PM
Or 4 degrees is allready too much and leads to less bhp's.

antonijs
14th December, 2011, 04:40 PM
or he is asking what values to put in, net number by wich to advance the original values ?

mandaxcdd
14th December, 2011, 04:46 PM
yes,if you know tell me what is the values for best performances.Example;if in original map is 100 i put 110 for advance ?

antonijs
14th December, 2011, 05:03 PM
Just try by adding 1 value, and try your car, without a dyno it will be hard, but try to find out that threshold after which the power drops.
And listen for engine knocking(pinging), if the engine knocks, set back for 6 values.
But you shouldn't tune your engine without knock detection equipment, sometimes it is hard to hear knocking just by using your ears, but when engine is detonating, it can easily melt your pistons. so be careful.
If i were you and the only thing i would care about is power, i would try to add 5% to all injection duration map, then try it out, on some cars it is too much fuel in the original map, and you have to decrese it to gain power, but without trying and measurements you will never know...

AND there are no such "values for best perfomance" that would fit all cars, each car is different, it has different wear on engine parts and even different parts, so you have to "find" them values by yourself.

There are values for optimal performance increse (don't ask me i don't have them) that chiptuners have, but they are not interested to share them for free, if they would do so, they would ruin their own business.

bobolin4o
14th December, 2011, 05:08 PM
Just try by adding 1 value, and try your car, without a dyno it will be hard, but try to find out that threshold after which the power drops.
And listen for engine knocking(pinging), if the engine knocks, set back for 6 values.
But you shouldn't tune your engine without knock detection equipment, sometimes it is hard to hear knocking just by using your ears, but when engine is detonating, it can easily melt your pistons. so be careful.
If i were you and the only thing i would care about is power, i would try to add 5% to all injection duration map, then try it out, on some cars it is too much fuel in the original map, and you have to decrese it to gain power, but without trying and measurements you will never know...

AND there are no such "values for best perfomance" that would fit all cars, each car is different, it has different wear on engine parts and even different parts, so you have to "find" them values by yourself.
Exactly!
There is no way to explain better.

mandaxcdd
14th December, 2011, 06:36 PM
ok,i try tomorrow .With many tests i'll have the best soft on my car.I modified for begining with +4 ,+6 ,+7, +8 for all map on advance.Just +1 is in van,is like normaly.Let's see what is the best for this engine.Than'k all for adivices and i'll keep in touch.Good bless my engine tomorow

antonijs
14th December, 2011, 09:07 PM
umm, there is such a thing like minimum advance for best torque (MBT).
That is minimum spark advance, that gives best torque
That thing explains you that tuning your car to knock limit is not the best, MBT is often well before knock limit on low rpms.
So iw ould suggest that you try to lower the stosck values before advancing them.

mandaxcdd
15th December, 2011, 07:44 AM
Ok ,with advance from 1-4 units and injection with 1.5 my car is still lazy,but is a little difference from 80-120km in 4th gear with 0.7-0.8 seconds.I try with 1-6 and injection 1-5.With many tests i hope modified for maximum bhp.

electrix
15th December, 2011, 09:29 AM
No, no, no. First You should measure AFR with ori dump, then set to wanted values, then set ignition advance for that AFR.
I hope You know that particular AFR requires particular ignition advance.

jovime
15th December, 2011, 01:36 PM
Let him, all pros around there said what he have to do to properly tune his car.

Mandaxcdd, don't forget to post some good pics of your melt pistons.

mandaxcdd
15th December, 2011, 09:50 PM
Jovime,i'm a lucky man .
The last trying is better with 1.7 seconds from 80-120km/h .Next level i modified injection but i tested with AFR instrument tomorrow.Today i've change the socket from memory for easy acces.I have five memory with UV windows for tests.Until now i'm satisfied by results.Any ideea is welcome!

mandaxcdd
19th December, 2011, 11:42 AM
The best modification is with more advance at low rpm and more injection at high rpm.The AFR is good,let's see next 500km on the road.Next day i post the picture with modification for advance and injection .

Miketune
30th December, 2011, 11:42 PM
Hello !
I have a Fiat Bravo 1.6 16v from 1996 with ecu iaw1af13.I need tuning my file from original bin for more power.I try with ecm2001 but i need more power.I don't know how modify injection and advance tables.I attached the original bin from eeprom 27c512.Thank's in advance

try this file ok...
it have only 8 maps and some in .....

try it

mandaxcdd
8th January, 2012, 09:22 PM
Thank's Miketune ,i will try tomorrow with your map.Next try may be is better than mine.Let's see with acceleration from 80-120km/h with 4th gear!

mandaxcdd
8th January, 2012, 09:33 PM
Miketune,your map is the same map with original with no modification.May be you put the wron arhive in download .Thank's for your help

tazoz
7th October, 2020, 03:13 PM
hallo!! i see its a very old post here :courage: !! i have a lancia delta 1.6 16v 103 hp the same engine with the bravo the ecu is (magneti marelli 1af16) and i search an ori file (maps) tha give the car almost 10 hp to 113 hp . as i remember from the past many tuners reprogramed the main ecu chip and they said you can gain 10 hp i dont know if this possible to gain 10 hp i think 7- 8 hp maybe is more realistic.