PDA

View Full Version : Open Media Only 24 Channels

akeem777
5th January, 2009, 06:32 PM
Hi, I have an Open Media box, when I scan on cable side, I'm only picking up 24 channels (some scrambled & a few fta). I think I have a faulty tuner, as originally the box came fully loaded with all channels, but now everytime scan I only pick up around 2 dozen stinking channels. How can I get my channels back. I've tried scanning with shorter lead, from different rooms - still no joy. Help :giveup:

C64
5th January, 2009, 06:37 PM
I've never used an Open Media box so I'm not sure how they are setup.

Do they run 2 separate Linux images? If so, make sure your cables.xml is correct for your area, this is a list of frequencies that tells your box where to scan.

Do they have an option to set your Location like the Dbox2/Dreambox have?

akeem777
5th January, 2009, 06:48 PM
The Open Media box works the same as The Dreambox apparently. I downloaded the DK Image & did the service scan for my area, from the list of frequencies. When I select scan for my area (or any other for that matter), it only picks up 1 transponder & no channels. I get 24 channels when I do Bruteforce scan or symbol rate 6952. (Hope that makes sense).:banghead:

mikeyb
5th January, 2009, 06:55 PM
Try flashing it with the DK image again. Same happened to me with a dreambox 500c and it worked. Don't know why but it did.

akeem777
5th January, 2009, 07:02 PM
Thanks Mikey, I'll give it a try. I'll have to do it when you my little Princess goes to bed (can't disturb her Nick Jnr 2 on the Starview at the moment) Lol. Did you factory reset before re-flashing? And did you select flash erase? Let me know, thanks.

C64
5th January, 2009, 07:16 PM
Thanks Mikey, I'll give it a try. I'll have to do it when you my little Princess goes to bed (can't disturb her Nick Jnr 2 on the Starview at the moment) Lol. Did you factory reset before re-flashing? And did you select flash erase? Let me know, thanks.

I always do a flash erase when flashing, it'll not do any harm and you're always better doing it to make sure nothing from the old image can interfer with your new one.

akeem777
5th January, 2009, 07:32 PM
Thanks Witchy2k1, I'll do flash erase when flashing. Thanks for the help :cheers:

max_gee
6th January, 2009, 12:20 AM
if you cant get it sorted send me a pm and i'll assist you further