PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using BitControl to stream?

C64
5th January, 2009, 08:31 PM
I'm farting about with BitControl and I've installed it along with the Licences.

However, when I try to open a stream from my Dreambox with the address...

bcmsdb://192.168.0.111?ReceiverType=dreambox

(192.168.0.111 is my DM500 IP)

I get an error 'Media Player encountered an error, blah blah blah, send error report to MS?'

I've checked that the Bitcontrol codec is installed and active with Gspot.

Does anyonwe know where I'm going wrong?

I'm thick.

:(

BTW, I've already got VLC etc streaming perfectly well from the DM500, so please no-one advise me to install VLC or any other tools as I already have those working. :)

alunfennell
5th January, 2009, 11:20 PM
Use Dreambox viewer 3.0.1 it incorporats Bitcontrol and your web interface of your dreambox using Windows media player all on one screen without the need to open different programs to opperate, there is record function and playback and many more useful functions. If you are interested you may download it from my online file sharing folder here Dreambox Download Section (Open for Digital Kaos) (http://technomate.tvheaven.com/box_widget.html) The file is also called Dreambox viewer 3.0.1 its by far the best bitcontrol functioning software that I have come across.

Regards:
Alun

C64
6th January, 2009, 08:53 PM
Thanks mate. :)

I've been using Dreambox Viewer for a while now, I didn't realise it incorporated BitControl though. :)

ONero
15th January, 2009, 04:23 AM
Is anyone using this to stream using the internet and access the video stream remotely?

Or perhaps some other software...i've messed around with VLC with dismal results.

lotusse38
26th February, 2009, 11:55 PM
Use Dreambox viewer 3.0.1 it en for Digital Kaos) (http://technomate.tvheaven.com/box_widget.html) The file is also called Dreambox viewer 3.0.1 its by far the best bitcontrol functioning software that I have come across.

Regards:
Alun

Thanks very, Very, very Much
regards
LM