PDA

View Full Version : Is there a VU+ DUO clone ....

sony007
13th December, 2011, 11:48 PM
coming out or was that just rumours?

RuberDuck
14th December, 2011, 12:06 AM
i would not waste your money on any Vu clone that comes out, and you wont get any support for a clone by teams such as ViX or BH.

andy211081
14th December, 2011, 05:53 PM
Get a real one, you wont be disapointed..trust me

freck
14th December, 2011, 10:34 PM
i would not waste your money on any Vu clone that comes out, and you wont get any support for a clone by teams such as ViX or BH.
Latest VIX image working on the VU Solo clone!!!
Epg ,picons cams all working fine,going for about 160 euro.
Freck

cactikid
14th December, 2011, 11:17 PM
did you hear that freck or did you buy some,i see original on sale in dublin 225 euro ,think i would rather save and spend on an original,wonder if we will get box killer firmware like the starview boxes from years ago lol

RuberDuck
14th December, 2011, 11:20 PM
Latest VIX image working on the VU Solo clone!!!
Epg ,picons cams all working fine,going for about 160 euro.
Freck

that may be but i'm saying you will never get any official support from the ViX team with a cloned receiver. also how will these clones cope with the new linux 3x kernels as even the original solos of a early bootloader so far cant run that kernel.

freck
14th December, 2011, 11:30 PM
VIX images will be limited no doubt but others will emerge no doubt.
It'll ruin the VU scene I think but its genuine receivers for me but buyers will jump on the band wagon because of the name alone!!
Just look at the DM800........more cloned units operating now that the genuine article.
DreamboxUK 2.1 now running on it aswell....just heard.
Freck

sony007
14th December, 2011, 11:37 PM
VIX images will be limited no doubt but others will emerge no doubt.
It'll ruin the VU scene I think but its genuine receivers for me but buyers will jump on the band wagon because of the name alone!!
Just look at the DM800........more cloned units operating now that the genuine article.
DreamboxUK 2.1 now running on it aswell....just heard.
Freck

Your right m8, I've been using my DM800 clone for months now and no issues whereas I've read others using the original having issues as with ppl using the clone.

RuberDuck
15th December, 2011, 12:03 AM
well i have said before that i dont really have a problem with cloned units as such. the major problem is however that these clone manufacturers are in it for nothing but money, they do not contribute to the community or bring any new features with them, the just rip off the names of the brands and their hardware. those who buy the clones are just as guilty in my opinion. granted there just lookimg for a cheap box but ultimatly there just lining some gready chinese sweat shops bank accounts and not a penny of that money is re-invested into the satellite community.

dell_xps
15th December, 2011, 10:59 AM
Anything counterfeit is usually $hite, avoid avoid avoid !
Buy the real deal that way you will never be disappointed.

hearts
27th December, 2011, 12:56 PM

That'll be a Sky box then eh ;-)

Re the original question are there clone VU+ Duo out? If so how much and where.
It really depends on price whether the clones are worth buying over the real deal. Of course they have to work well too. As said above the DM800 clone is a great box and a good bit cheaper than the original.

Thanks

dell_xps
27th December, 2011, 01:10 PM
That'll be a Sky box then eh ;-)

Re the original question are there clone VU+ Duo out? If so how much and where.
It really depends on price whether the clones are worth buying over the real deal. Of course they have to work well too. As said above the DM800 clone is a great box and a good bit cheaper than the original.

Thanks
The VU+ Duo is 100 times better than the Sly box, and yes there are clones on Ebay now, avoid avoid avoid !!
Think it's just the solo though, buy the real deal :-)

lombard
27th December, 2011, 01:48 PM

wouldnt say that really had a few dm800pro, running for years , so compare price to genuine, also dm800se is great build and works perfect and money saved.

people have reported comparing dm800se to genuine no difference in performance etc, i know what i would buy

RuberDuck
27th December, 2011, 01:57 PM
the clones at the moment are untested as far as build quality goes and their prices are rather high, making any potential saving very much non existent.

personally i'd say buy the real thing from a reputable dealer and you get a real warranty.

lombard
27th December, 2011, 03:04 PM
Vu duo is different , but with dreambox id always go for clone

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

redondo5
29th December, 2011, 10:23 AM
Anyway of distinguishing a clone from the genuine article yet?

Or are we still waiting for the first batch to arrive?

Is it true the duo clones have hit eBay or was that comment above just with regards to the solo clones?

cactikid
29th December, 2011, 10:28 AM
buy from an authorized dealer not fleabay.

dell_xps
29th December, 2011, 10:31 AM
Solo clones on Ebay, white remote and rs 232 are the dead give away,
courtesy of WOS Admin who spotted these fakes on Ebay.
Buy from a reputable dealer, ie World Of Satellie, great after sales etc etc !!

cactikid
29th December, 2011, 11:03 AM
wonder was that from a link i sent them over a month ago,lol
and i have a white remote also thank god for white easier to find in a bunch of 12 lol

sossybaby
31st December, 2011, 04:48 PM
yes, the vu duo clone is available.
i've paid ?198 for mine, though it hasn't arrived yet.
regards.

cactikid
31st December, 2011, 04:58 PM
are you sure it was the duo you bought at that price??

sossybaby
31st December, 2011, 07:04 PM
yes, very sure.

RuberDuck
31st December, 2011, 07:09 PM
if you spent ?200 on a untested clone you have more money than sense.

sossybaby
31st December, 2011, 07:52 PM
had a feeling you would reply.

think you will find it has been tested and tested very well.

to quote the admin.
just an explanation. You always find first boxes for sale are pretty much beta, although these VU+ duo's seem to be the exception to the rule as they rock.

we all know you dont like clones. thats fine.
i personally like to beat the system so buy clones, as do 90% of members on here.

even the admins on other forums admit that the clones work better than the originals.
get over it.

andy91
31st December, 2011, 08:03 PM

to quote the admin.
just an explanation. You always find first boxes for sale are pretty much beta, although these VU+ duo's seem to be the exception to the rule as they rock.

i personally like to beat the system so buy clones, as do 90% of members on here.

even the admins on other forums admit that the clones work better than the originals.
get over it.

Not sure i would want to be one of the first people buying any new clones on the market.
Good luck if you get a good one but thats still alot to pay for a clone in my book.

Andy.

lombard
31st December, 2011, 08:08 PM

to quote the admin.

get over it.

Hi, would love to know when you get it and give review

Thanks

dell_xps
31st December, 2011, 09:09 PM
My Vu+ Duo blew up after 7 months, virtually impossible to get in touch with Vu themselves, past from pillar to post, box is still away getting fixed, or so they say I might never see my box again and be ?330 down, ?200 for a clone, well never been a fan of countefeit goods, but after whats happened to me, worth a punt I guess, ?200 or ?330 ?

sakiblateef
31st December, 2011, 09:21 PM
My Vu duo crashes every month or so by itself and then I have to reflash the image to get it working again.

If the clones are any good I may consider getting one.

sony007
31st December, 2011, 09:38 PM
yes, the vu duo clone is available.
i've paid ?198 for mine, though it hasn't arrived yet.
regards.

My good friend :manuflag:, can you PM with the link where you ordered your box for what I hope you'll be very happy with.

tomhick024
31st December, 2011, 09:41 PM
its pot luck getting cloned units, bought a few dm500s , some excellent , some straight to the bin. Alright maybe as a second receiver but not as primary stb in my house, mine is on 15 hours a day!!
Must say i'm delighted with my Vu Duo.

cactikid
31st December, 2011, 11:05 PM
My Vu duo crashes every month or so by itself and then I have to reflash the image to get it working again.

If the clones are any good I may consider getting one.

never heard of anyones vu crashing,maybe its the setup or is it the very latest ????? file on box?

dell_xps
31st December, 2011, 11:05 PM
its pot luck getting cloned units, bought a few dm500s , some excellent , some straight to the bin. Alright maybe as a second receiver but not as primary stb in my house, mine is on 15 hours a day!!
Must say i'm delighted with my Vu Duo.

I hope you bought from a reputable dealer m8 ?
Vu are impossible to get in touch with.

sakiblateef
31st December, 2011, 11:31 PM
never heard of anyones vu crashing,maybe its the setup or is it the very latest ????? file on box?

I haven't upgraded to the latest image.

I'm just so fed up with it continously happening I want to get the hammer out.

RuberDuck
1st January, 2012, 10:38 AM
a few points in this thread and i have no intention of offending any one, if i do i appologise.

rite now, first some people on this forum show a very real need to learn the skill of reading, i say this as a direct reply to the following.

to quote the admin.

get over it.

I have stated time and time again i have no problems with clones providing they are 1, not marketed as the real thing so that those who think they are buying original receivers know the difference and 2, they contribute towards research and development, which they do not.

also my reply was simply that spending ?200 on a largely untested clone in my opinion is unwise, especially as you dont know what Vu may have up their sleeves with regards to protecting their hardware. you just have to look at the latest drivers to see they may be up to something not that i know what that may be.

- Add security enhancement
- Reduce FPGA update time(uno, ultimo)
- Improve recording 20111230
- fix 3d setup in MODE1
- fix ui position setup problem
my other point here is to dell, and please understand i mean you absolutely no offense at all, i do understand your frustration but it's technically not for Vu them selves to rectify your receiver but the person or company you bought the box from. by this i mean if you drive a honda you would go to the dealer for service and repair work. you would not go to japan. the same applies to the receiver, it is your dealers responsibility to sort it and if he cant then he sends it up his chain to where ever he bought it from etc.

sorsat
1st January, 2012, 11:46 AM
a dm clone is a few hundred ? different to an original, theese vu clones (ce) are 100 quid different in price why gamble........?

cactikid
1st January, 2012, 11:55 AM
i would agree there RD people see the name and assume its the real deal and wow on sale price,if people dont do research about what they want to buy or from whom then they may end up with a clone,plenty of boxes out there caught people out many times ,like starview cable ,dms and openbox,so if people want to buy clones because there cheap remember a good box has a warranty and support,only time will tell with what happens.

sakiblateef have you tried the vix images?

RuberDuck
1st January, 2012, 12:14 PM
i would agree there RD people see the name and assume its the real deal and wow on sale price,if people dont do research about what they want to buy or from whom then they may end up with a clone,plenty of boxes out there caught people out many times ,like starview cable ,dms and openbox,so if people want to buy clones because there cheap remember a good box has a warranty and support,only time will tell with what happens.

Agreed in fact there was a post on the WoS forum last week of a guy who was blatantly selling cloned Solo's as the real thing at full retail price. it was so obvious they were clones and he was trying to make a fast buck from those not knowing the difference, when he was confronted he went on a rite little strop, changed the description of the box to a clone and halved the price he wanted, then he changed his Ebay user name.

It's those people we need rid of in this hobby for a start.

cactikid
1st January, 2012, 12:31 PM
money and greed will take over but its the poor newbie who knows ~~~~ all about what they are buying and does it work on cable lol will probably never know the difference between the clone and the original,i think its time for the name and shame book be started stating buyer beware 2012.

RuberDuck
1st January, 2012, 12:35 PM
Sadly where there are popular products making money you will always get some one who wants their own slice, some people even consider Vu and Xtrend to be clones of the DMM boxes but the difference being that they both spend a large amount of money and time on research and development which is something the Chinese cloners do not. as i said i have no real problem with clones if people know what there buying, but for every clone you buy, you line the pocket of some money hungry Chinese sweat shop and not a penny of that goes back into the community to create new features or products.

sakiblateef
1st January, 2012, 03:54 PM

It is the Vix image I have problems with.

The green screen of death.

RuberDuck
1st January, 2012, 03:55 PM
It is the Vix image I have problems with.

The green screen of death.

well your obviously using a old ViX image as the green screen was removed prior to the 2.3 launch, i'm also inclined to believe you have not set it up properly.

Also if you are experiencing crashes why are you not uploading the crash logs ? or enabling the debugging feature and uploading those logs ?.

sakiblateef
1st January, 2012, 04:04 PM
well your obviously using a old ViX image as the green screen was removed prior to the 2.3 launch, i'm also inclined to believe you have not set it up properly.

Also if you are experiencing crashes why are you not uploading the crash logs ? or enabling the debugging feature and uploading those logs ?.

I am using the image before 25/12 and I have set it up properly. I used the blackhole image for two months and I did not have any problems.

It only happens once a month, I believe the problem still lies within the Vix images. However I prefer the Vix images over other images which is the reason I have stuck with it.

tomhick024
1st January, 2012, 04:11 PM
I hope you bought from a reputable dealer m8 ?
Vu are impossible to get in touch with.

I bought from satellitetv.ie, must be nearly 2 years now, cant exactly remember when though......just checked , it was July

Haven't came across anybody giving out about them anyway!!

Hopefully you will get sorted with your one!!

RuberDuck
1st January, 2012, 04:18 PM
I am using the image before 25/12 and I have set it up properly. I used the blackhole image for two months and I did not have any problems.

It only happens once a month, I believe the problem still lies within the Vix images. However I prefer the Vix images over other images which is the reason I have stuck with it.

upload your crash logs to the ViX forum or use the inbuilt logs manager to email them directly to us. also try enabling the debugging function so the next time it does happen you can also send that log to us. otherwise there is really no way we could possibly know how or why your box does what it does, be it image related, user error or plugin conflict etc.

tomhick024
1st January, 2012, 04:26 PM
Mine used to crash regularly on vix1.3 but since updating to 2.2(i think) i have had only one forced rebooth- due to the fact i was flicking through menus, ccam and all files without giving it any chance to keep up!!

dell_xps
1st January, 2012, 05:41 PM
RD I'm just frustrated m8, I guess anybody would be im my situation, paying ?330 for a box that lasts 7 months and then the power supply blows up.The only points I was making are buy from a reputable dealer, ie WOS, the guy I bought it from told me not to bother sending it to him as he would just send it to the wholesaler, I've tried contacting the wholesaler,no joy.I've tried getting in touch with Vu direct, near impossible, I've said in many threads I've just been damn unlucky with my box, it's frustrating at this time of year, as this is when you would want to watch TV.Had I bought from WOS I'm 100% sure my box would of been back with me, so buy from a reputable dealer :-).
And I've always supported the Vix Team :-), no other image comes close, and any probs I've had you have always got back to me, which I appreciate m8, Happy New Year, and lets hope my box is back with me asap !!

cactikid
1st January, 2012, 05:45 PM
might i suggest to all to use surge protection also,the one thing with sky is the repeats of the repeats of the repeats and i hope your box arrives soon dell.m8.hols can screw things up big time.

RuberDuck
1st January, 2012, 05:56 PM
RD I'm just frustrated m8, I guess anybody would be im my situation, paying ?330 for a box that lasts 7 months and then the power supply blows up.The only points I was making are buy from a reputable dealer, ie WOS, the guy I bought it from told me not to bother sending it to him as he would just send it to the wholesaler, I've tried contacting the wholesaler,no joy.I've tried getting in touch with Vu direct, near impossible, I've said in many threads I've just been damn unlucky with my box, it's frustrating at this time of year, as this is when you would want to watch TV.Had I bought from WOS I'm 100% sure my box would of been back with me, so buy from a reputable dealer :-).
And I've always supported the Vix Team :-), no other image comes close, and any probs I've had you have always got back to me, which I appreciate m8, Happy New Year, and lets hope my box is back with me asap !!

I know your frustrated mate and i was not having a pop at you. Just i see threads all over saying that Vu are a nightmare to contact and to be fair as i said it's more of a case of a failure by the retailer than by Vu them selves. saying that i do agree they could be more approachable for the general public to contact. I sincerely hope your box is repaired and returned in good order, I would also like to see more retailers carrying spare parts such as the power supply which seems only to be available for purchase in Australia of all places.

dell_xps
1st January, 2012, 06:26 PM
WOS had one, but understandbly he had to keep it for someone who had purchased from himself and there power supply goes.
Never mind, rant over, onwards and upwards.

redondo5
1st January, 2012, 07:16 PM
it appears as if these clones of duos have now been released in the wild.

i've got an original but a clones will drop further in price. quite a few websites based in honk kong are selling, but im a bit wary despite them using paypal.

with all clones if things go wrong, you're buggerred... and for ?200 that's a lot to pay with high risk. in the old days ?35 shipped across dm-500c clones. that weren't too bad. With these clones you could end up getting stung real bad plus if customs get hold of the item, it'll either end being a lot more expensive or lost altogether if they detect it as counterfeit

sossybaby
2nd January, 2012, 11:46 PM
i paid with paypal to a respected uk dealer who has them in stock.
he will also honour the warranty, so cant foresee a problem.
my understanding is that these clones were based one to one with the originals, meaning all components capacitors and resistors are the same. only the mac address is different.

i do accept that buying them direct from china is too risky.

redondo5
2nd January, 2012, 11:56 PM
Do you know anything about any of the image teams putting bombs on their I ages for the clones?

cactikid
3rd January, 2012, 12:08 AM
i would imagine the image makers are making their images for their boxes only [original ] if you expect it to work on a clone dont be surprised what may happen,remember the early starview cable box clones?original firmware killed them,or if addons or other things downloaded??who knows.

RuberDuck
3rd January, 2012, 12:18 AM
I know for a fact that ViX would never put any thing into our images to damage clones although we would never offer any form of support for one. I can not say however if Vu would not do something from their end, and there are a lot of images who are either built from official images or rely on Vu directly for their patches, so who is to know ?

also look to the drivers released by Vu

- fix 3d setup in MODE1

- Fix recording problem

Who knows what that could be about ?.

sakiblateef
3rd January, 2012, 02:23 PM
I know for a fact that ViX would never put any thing into our images to damage clones although we would never offer any form of support for one. I can not say however if Vu would not do something from their end, and there are a lot of images who are either built from official images or rely on Vu directly for their patches, so who is to know ?

also look to the drivers released by Vu

- fix 3d setup in MODE1

- Fix recording problem

Who knows what that could be about ?.

I found this on the ferrari forum.

Yes, unfortunately we have received message that new VU drivers are containing a time bomb - same as old timer DM500 (SD) . VU box has no First Stage and no Second Stage loader - it boots just from the same chip that the image is stored in. Than if there is a detection of any difference between genuine and OEM box than it is easy to kill such a box. Be considerable and use the box with tested software only. Basically we can say VU genuine software released till 2011 is safe for our OEM boxes. Better do not use latest software from other sources than our support forum or web page.

RuberDuck
3rd January, 2012, 02:40 PM
well if thats the case you cant exactly blame Vu for protecting their investment now can you ?.

madmanuk
16th January, 2012, 02:47 PM
i can get the vu+ solo clone for ?125 deliverd from china and they give me a link to all the images but i don't know what to do,I had a vu+duo orig and i think there the best i now have a et9000 and its not as good and the vu+duo,I just wanted the clone for another room.
thanks

madmanuk
16th January, 2012, 02:53 PM
this is for the chap who's box keeps crashing,When i first got my vu+duo mine crashed a bit and it turned out to be the hard drive it ran fine without the hard drive in but i never changed it i just tried different images and found one that worked with that hard drive,so just keep trying images. good luck mate

gsmtech
20th January, 2012, 05:20 PM
Both Dream and VU are over priced... If a DM800SE clone can be purchased for 150 quid...and the support so far from SIM2 team (for both older non SE 800HD clones and SE clones) has been top notch, regular patched imaged and SSL upgrades..

Why then does a VU DUO make sense at 329 quid ?? All it really offers is an extra tuner... The VU clones are supported by Ferarri team...herein lies the issues...they are traditionally really slow and poor for software support. So wait and see if they can counter VU's security measures in a timely fashion...if they can...then happy days...

Bottom line is, they all clone/leach from Dream in one way or another VU, Extrend etc etc...

I say it increases competition and keeps prices reasonable...
Power to the Clone Wars !

redondo5
27th January, 2012, 03:26 AM
I would really be interested in an ultimo clone, as long as it was reasonoble price for a clone and good build qaulity.

dell_xps
27th January, 2012, 03:53 PM
I would really be interested in an ultimo clone, as long as it was reasonoble price for a clone and good build qaulity.

No Ultimo clones m8, Vu have just released them, and limited stock everywhere, so as for a clone you have no chance.