PDA

View Full Version : wifes christmas prezzie?

cyclone2
14th December, 2011, 09:02 AM
morning,iam looking at getting a samsung galaxy phone for my wifes christmas ,but i also see htc have one with much the same spec 1080 video etc what would you buy ?
thanks

Canker_Canison
14th December, 2011, 12:44 PM
As with a few others here, I picked up the Galaxy S2.

There are pro's and con's for both Samsung & htc. But the S2 is quicker than the htc.

garry1312
14th December, 2011, 03:37 PM
I just upgraded from the Sony Ericcson Xperia Arc to the Samsung Galaxy S2 and have to say it is a very nice phone, nice build, does not feel flimsy, the screen on it is stunning on menus. it is very fast and battery life on it seems acceptable for a smart phone.

My only negative on it is the screen on viewing pictures and videos, I was expecting to be blown away by the OLED screen. My arc is much better for viewing videos and photos without a doubt much more clearer and the colours are better. I thought maybe I was imagining things so ran some side on side tests and the arc was better this may be down to the arc's bravia technology in the handset. In menus etc the S2 is better.

I love the S2 in every other way and hate the Arc apart from the on screen video and picture quality. I guess its something I will get used to.

I can understand why the S2 won mobile phone of the year.