PDA

View Full Version : help fo my dad

eattheliving
5th January, 2009, 09:50 PM
Hi guy's, as you can tell from the title. my dad is getting sick of paying top wack for sky(yes i know you can't get the sky package free via hacking or other means)so he is looking for something that will give him a good mix of sport and movies and other fta/ftv stuff. But (this is where i get lost. I'm a cable man myself) i have no idea what is the best receiver, size of dish, motor on dish etc etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Curious123
5th January, 2009, 11:55 PM
Your father will need a 1m motorised dish and a dm500s. This will possibly cost you about ?200 and you will probably need an installer unless you are going to install the dish and motor possibly another ?100.After this you need to spend time with pc setting up the reciever etc be a lot easier if you are already a dm500 cable user otherwise a steep learning. You will get as much out it of as you put in but the end results are well worth it as you could be recieving over 3000 to 5000 channels from around the world.

.: JaCkPoT :.
6th January, 2009, 01:25 AM
Where does your father live? Not trying to find him lol just so i can give you a good dish size

eattheliving
6th January, 2009, 04:11 PM
thanks for the replies guy's. my dad is in nottinghamshire

also Curious123 I'm on eurovox ex5000 pvr

.: JaCkPoT :.
6th January, 2009, 04:58 PM
Well a receiver like the dreambox is slightly more difficult to use compared to the eurovox. Screenshots scare me..lol but apparently once you get the hang of em they become normal.. 1metre will be perfect as mentioned above. .

eattheliving
6th January, 2009, 07:15 PM
thanks for the advice Sadiq999uk. what sort of range of channels could he expect? probably a very long list i think.lol