PDA

View Full Version : streaming from VU+duo to my lappy

pongo snodgrass
15th December, 2011, 05:54 PM
hi - i can stream from my vu+duo to my laptop, but picture freezes and glitchs every second..then screen goes black...im using blackhole 1.6.6 image, but there is no option in the settings to change the default port as this may be the proble...any ideas ?...you can do this with vix image by changing the default port but not in bh image...i see 1.6.7 bh is released wonder if you can do it in that ?...but i doubt it...any help and advice ? ta

dell_xps
15th December, 2011, 06:09 PM
Are you using wifi bridge or home plugs ?
What type of router are you using ?

pongo snodgrass
15th December, 2011, 08:23 PM
im using a virgin media vmdg280 wireless router/modem all in one....no wifi bridge or home plugs...

dell_xps
15th December, 2011, 08:58 PM
So Vu is hard wired to router and pc hard wired to router m8?

pongo snodgrass
15th December, 2011, 11:26 PM
So Vu is hard wired to router and pc hard wired to router m8?
only vu+duo is hard wired to the router.....dont have a pc, only a lappy that i also connect wirelessly to the vmdg router....

having issues connecting to my vmdg280 wireless router....looks like a lot of problems with this router as a google showed all this....damm more problems

alec
19th December, 2011, 01:04 AM
Check your wireless speed, if I move my laptop to another room, and the speed drops below 25Mpbs it does not work properly. Also it does not work properly on HD.

deansluk
19th December, 2011, 01:28 AM
if i was you , id flash ur vu+ with the latest vix image , i was using that image and had the same problems , all people said was check bandwidth. Vix image flashed and the web interface works perfectly , i stream to 2 lappys at same time now with no problem